chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/5/20 6:21 p.m.

I'm cheap, I've been keeping an eye out for a dirt bike in my price range to tinker on but of course $100 doesn't buy a dirt bike.

Until..

so I went and got it. Guy said it had a big bore kit but he hadn't ridden it in years blah blah blah. 

I have no idea what I bought, it has compression and it has spark but I ran out of time to mess with it so tell me what you know. Haha

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/5/20 7:24 p.m.

I'm looking for one.  I need a title so I can plate it and drive around Road America this summer.  

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/5/20 7:30 p.m.

Nice! I bought a 1982 XL185S a few years ago and I loved it. I sold it to buy a Harley (another great bike) but I have huge regrets about selling that Honda. I always keep my eyes open for XL250R/XL350Rs, but if I think that a nice XL200R survivor could be the perfect dual purpose bike for me.

Simple bikes rule.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
3/5/20 7:31 p.m.

Also... Honda should have kept that simple black and red color scheme forever.

nedc
nedc Reader
3/7/20 7:39 p.m.

Those handlebars look like the dirt bike version of ape hangers. smiley I've got an XR200...check the cam chain tension/tensioner. Pretty simple motor...hopefully you can get it running without too much trouble.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/8/20 10:23 a.m.

Welp, it's actually an xl185s. Oops, maybe I should have looked at the tag instead of listening to the guy. It looks like it had a new jug put in at some point. Guess I'll be watching some YouTube "training" today.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
n9TOTHzQqKU19y5rVr10mFnJjXXtl2gwZrFXL4UCkJUc0yNqmy8gB8OZzWY8BZAx