Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
7/19/20 11:50 p.m.

So hawt

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/21/20 10:06 a.m.

Thanks!

I like the small fairing the PO installed on the front of the bike.  Some Ducati owners on a Ducati forum I am on are telling me to remove it.   I love that.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
7/21/20 1:02 p.m.

Looks like you swapped another seat in? The seat in the first pic looked hideous, but the bike looks great in the pics from your Sunday outing. Love the bike! 

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/21/20 1:49 p.m.

Yowza; your bike looks great! I've always liked these and this one is particularly nice between the color and the fairing.

Do you have any interest in a spare front wheel? I have a chromed steel one, good hub and rim with spokes that could use re-chroming or replacing.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/21/20 4:06 p.m.

Thanks guys!

I got three seats with the bike.  I'm swapping them back and forth to see what fits me best.  

ae86andkp61-I could be interested in the wheel though mostly for the hub.  What are you thinking about for a price?

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
7/21/20 5:13 p.m.

How's the flyscreen doing for you?  Is it a factory Ducati part or from someone else?

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/21/20 5:55 p.m.

Seems to help at freeway speeds. It is a Puig piece rom what I can tell.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/23/20 12:55 p.m.

I took a quick ride down to Clutch & Throttle, the shop doing the repair work on my Harley today and snapped this picture of the Duc with the wall of Detroit Nipple Works as the background.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/23/20 2:42 p.m.

Good looking bike.  I like the saddlebags.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/23/20 3:45 p.m.

Thanks Stuart.  

They are generous enough for a small grocery shopping trip which is how I used them last night.  Today I plopped the clutch puller in one and took off.  Handy without being overly large or not in keeping with the character of the bike like an aluminum ADV style.   

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/24/20 1:09 p.m.

After getting stick in the rain last Sunday morning I needed to do a wash and detail on the bike for some local C&C's tomorrow morning at Pasteiner's on Woodward and Lingenfelter's in Wixom.  Cleaned her up and ordered a set of bar end mirror mount adapters for my new LSL bars.  Ready to blast around a bit tomorrow morning.  Now back to the Cougar. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/3/20 9:46 p.m.

I did a few little mods recently.  I replaced the corroding cad plated  acorn nuts on the key switch with stainless steel acorn nuts.  Next, I replaced the stock rectifier regulator with a MOSFET version to reduce temps near the ECU and remove a potential failure point.  New bar end mirror mounts should be in tomorrow so I can replace the bar and grips and reinstall the mirrors.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/14/20 3:13 p.m.

Today I carved out some time and got the new bars, bar end adapters for the mirrors, and grips installed.  Bars were OK but the PO had installed adapters for the mirrors that were wedged so tightly in to them that I couldn't adequately adjust the RH mirror to see traffic.  That wouldn't work long term.  I ordered a custom set from Halcyon in the UK that worked with my new bar's ID.  Now they have full range of adjustability.  The grips were both shot and rather lacking in girth.  New Motogadget grips are a better fit for me.  New LSL aluminum bars are slightly taller, slightly wider, and have a bit more pullback.  They feel great now but I haven't taken a ride with them.  I think the combination of thicker grip and thick aluminum bar will quell some vibration.  Pics to follow but pulled off the controls and did some minor cleaning before replacing the bar.  Simple job, minimal tools, significant change!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/14/20 4:10 p.m.

New bars and mirrors look great, the new grips are a better look too

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/14/20 6:10 p.m.

Thanks Jim!  

New bar test ride was positive.  Off to Woodward for more testing tonight and tomorrow.  

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/16/20 12:09 p.m.

My recent wreck bent the bars on my Iron 883, where did you get your new ones?  We have a similar style and size of bars

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/17/20 5:21 a.m.

Spiegler in Ohio

Lot of places I shopped were out of stock.   Spiegler had a variety of styles available.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/17/20 5:38 a.m.

Yesterday I repacled all the turn signals on the Ducati.  The plastic bases are a known failure point on the OEM signals.  

I purchased these Kellermann Bullet 1000 for my Harley but this took precedence.  

These are capable of being used as running, brake, and signal lights and in amber and red.   I chose to use them in signal only mode now though may revise to run them as rear brakes too this winter.   I found a neat set of adapters especially for the Sport Classis bikes and ordered them.  Some minor fitment issues cropped up (flanged nuts too big to fit, minor plastic trimming on the taillight housing) but otherwise it went smoothly.   I clipped wires to maintain the connectors and verified signal positives then used the provided butt crimp sleeves and shrink tubing and went to town.   A little thread locker on the mounting bolts and we were all wrapped up.

Stock versus aftermarket.

The finish on the new signals is very nice.   The adapters are CNC machined AL and powder coated black.   The adapters up front should be silver in my opinion so I'll blast them and polish them this winter.   

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/19/20 8:46 p.m.

I’m taking my first road trip tomorrow on the bike.  I’ve got a work meeting in Pinconning at 9:00am.  Weather is supposed to be PERFECT tomorrow with no rain predicted and a high of 81F.  Tomorrow morning will be a bit chilly at about 58F.   The trip is almost wholly highway and about 2 hours.   Should be interesting.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/19/20 8:48 p.m.

BTW-I got the timing belts done Monday which was my last major concern before piling on miles.  

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
8/19/20 10:17 p.m.

Good luck, have fun.  I love throwing a leg over on a chilly morning.  Morning usually a great time to ride in the south in the summer but its rarely in the 50s in August

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
8/19/20 11:06 p.m.

Red and Ducati go together like Jordan and Pippen. yes

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/20/20 2:23 p.m.

I geared up-heated gloves, hi-viz rain suit over Dianese perforated leather jacket, Cosmo helmet tail/brake light, and Falco riding boots.  It was perfect for the 80mph highway blast and 120 mile route.  I packed lighter gloves and my cooling vest for the ride home but didn't use the vest.  I filled up about halfway on the way up and then again on the way home.  That tank saw about 36mpg for straight highway miles at 75-85mph.  I haven't calculated mpg before but have records to do so.  82mph (5200rpm) was pretty comfortable and flowed nicely with I-75N traffic.  

When I arrived at the plant they thought I must be an OSHA inspector from all my gear!laugh

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/23/20 6:52 p.m.

Two Cars and Coffee events Saturday morning and the bike got plenty of attention at both.   Last night I went to the northeast side of Detroit suburbia for my nieces graduation party on it.  Great night for a ride!   A little over 1000 miles since I picked it up.  She works very nicely for me and how I intended to use her.  Even picked up Harley parts and tools Friday without breaking down or leaking!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/24/20 5:06 p.m.

Another business meeting tomorrow and I'm planning to ride to it.  My customer rode for years and wants to see the bike.  A trip to NPD in Canton tomorrow after the meeting to get some minor bits-rubber clutch bumper and new clutch pedal rubber pad.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2s1qklfsrLOlUflev5l7TX0u6nxBOeZvVijeF5SOHgiCk8azrDdBzEGVHcB2JEWB