adamaster
adamaster New Reader
4/22/20 8:47 a.m.

Hey guys,

I'm an electrical motorbikes and 3D printing lover. Today, I came through an interesting article about large-format 3D printing. It listed some of the massive projects realized using large-bed 3D printers. Two of them caught my attention: the Nera e-motorcycle and Light Rider. Nera is a functional full 3D printed electrical motorbike prototype realized by the German BigRep. Beside its futuristic design, I love the concept behind it. Light Rider has been realized by APWorks using aluminum alloy powder. It weighs just 77 pounds.

What do you think about it? Are you skeptical or would you welcome the possibility to buy this kind of motorcycles in the near future? Let me know you opinions. 

Source: top3dshop.com/blog/large-format-3d-printers.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
4/22/20 11:11 a.m.

I love how the Light Rider and the Nera are two polar opposites- the Light Rider looks like it's made organically out of bones, while the Nera would make Syd Mead smile.

Are you skeptical or would you welcome the possibility to buy this kind of motorcycles in the near future?

I would absolutely buy one, but more as an e-bike unless they proved the Nera is as tough as any other. The only thing i'm skeptical about would be other people's attitude towards them.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JsjJFho0XU4BaDJDtcW8o1HalHWoh1s9qOFdwMDwKD7u5nNActrmrewU8CuOz2fh