Skratch
Skratch
5/21/10 2:52 p.m.

I just bought my first motorcycle, a 1974 Honda CB360. I need to replace the seat. I saw some on criagslist that claim they are original, but they look different. Did Honda vary the style of the seats? Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn SuperDork
5/21/10 7:58 p.m.

They probably did, from one year to the next. If it's just a torn cover, you can get replacements - there are generic ones, or for a little more money you can get one that's an exact replacement with the HONDA logo on the back and everything from these guys: http://www.motorcycleseatcovers.com/

Skratch
Skratch New Reader
5/22/10 7:12 a.m.

OK, good news. It's not the cover, a previous owner put an aftermarket seat on it. Not sure what its called, but it has two separate areas for front and rear passenger. Not only does it look goofy, but i'm 6'3" and sit further back, almost on the rear persons area and its very uncomfortable. So I need the foam and cover. I'll keep the link, I'll probably need it at some point. Thanks!

Woody
Woody SuperDork
5/22/10 7:27 a.m.
Skratch wrote: OK, good news. It's not the cover, a previous owner put an aftermarket seat on it. Not sure what its called, but it has two separate areas for front and rear passenger. Not only does it look goofy, but i'm 6'3" and sit further back, almost on the rear persons area and its very uncomfortable. So I need the foam and cover. I'll keep the link, I'll probably need it at some point. Thanks!

That's probably a King and Queen seat, and probably from JC Whitney. They're hideous. It may use the original seat pan, though, which are hard to come by, so don't ditch the whole thing. You might need to re use the bottom part.

Skratch
Skratch New Reader
5/22/10 10:42 a.m.

In reply to Woody:

hideous is right! I was trying to be nice in case some people like them, i'm still a newbie here. Thanks for the info

Woody
Woody SuperDork
5/23/10 6:30 a.m.
Skratch wrote: In reply to Woody: hideous is right! I was trying to be nice in case some people like them, i'm still a newbie here. Thanks for the info

Nobody has ever liked them.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
5/23/10 12:31 p.m.
racinginc215 wrote:
Woody wrote:
Skratch wrote: In reply to Woody: hideous is right! I was trying to be nice in case some people like them, i'm still a newbie here. Thanks for the info
Nobody has ever liked them.
Wrong my dad loves those king queen seats. BLAH

Oh, so he's the guy...

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
5/24/10 7:48 a.m.

http://www.sargentcycle.com/

They've done a few seats for me, wonderful quality, fair price.

ClemSparks
ClemSparks SuperDork
5/24/10 8:10 a.m.

Keep us posted on what you find out...I've got a '74 CL360 and will be happy to know how this turns out for you!

Thanks,
Clem

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sBueCgCGXuJWnxEY6KMYoJFjkb6UHvpNtmG88LDdj3Xmxeb1bhkMjP18WemjOrl3