1 2
sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
4/27/20 6:06 p.m.

Finished paint on the front fender today...  

buenavides1
buenavides1 New Reader
4/27/20 9:31 p.m.

I love the design, I must say that you give a new life to this motorbike. Your hard work pays off. 

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
4/27/20 9:35 p.m.

In reply to buenavides1 :

Thank you so much!  I'm really enjoying this build!  

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/27/20 11:18 p.m.

Dood! This thing is so berking rad!

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
5/2/20 8:32 p.m.

Finished the Fender and headlight mounting and started mocking up the new year fender.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/2/20 8:46 p.m.

Your bike makes me want to find some 70's Japanese bike and build a bobber SO bad.  I hate this.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/2/20 10:23 p.m.

You could find someone's stalled half assed bobber project on Craigslist for cheap and finish it proper.

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/2/20 11:17 p.m.

There have been a few locally already...... I try not to look.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
5/3/20 7:28 a.m.

Yup.  Lots of local project bikes turning up these days. 

The bike looks great BTW!   Interested in how you feel about the rear suspension capability after you get some miles on it.  

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
5/3/20 2:39 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

I'm interested in how it will behave myself.  I think I have the upper rear springs firm enough that it should "act" like a hard tail.  I can always adjust the spring rate once I get some seat time.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) UltraDork
5/3/20 2:47 p.m.

I had a Sportster with a Santee frame years ago (basket when I bought, basket when I sold it). Anyway, similar rear suspension. The rumor was that these type of frames would lay a J shaped black mark on burnout. Please do report back when the time comes.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
5/9/20 9:52 a.m.

A little progress on Friday.  Seat mounted and  gauges and their mount ready for clear coat once it warms up again.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
5/12/20 1:40 p.m.

Coming from an owner of RD's and a RZ......this rocks!!!

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
5/13/20 9:21 p.m.

I picked up a vintage Jockey shift/Suicide clutch set up for Goldie.  Had a little time tonight, so I started to fit it up.  I really like it!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
5/14/20 6:14 a.m.

I don't usually like this sort of thing... but I like this one. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/15/20 9:46 a.m.

i think i passed on one of these in basket case form plus a parts bike several years ago for $300ish and now i'm kicking myself, it's looking awesome.  love the tank!

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
5/18/20 8:38 p.m.
sanyarcosean said:

I picked up a vintage Jockey shift/Suicide clutch set up for Goldie.  Had a little time tonight, so I started to fit it up.  I really like it!

What will be the pipe arrangement...two and two both sides with separate MUFFS ..open ends....er whatever?? 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
5/19/20 7:05 p.m.

Man, that thing looks great- it's like the best parts of rat rodding with the exposed metal but it has class and talent put into it.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
5/20/20 10:02 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

For the time being, This will be the exhaust due to budget.

In the future, I hope to run this one...

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
9/15/21 1:12 p.m.

Its been too long!!  Hopefully I can get this back on the workbench soon and get her finished!  until then, lets catch up a little.

I wasn't happy with the electrical box I made, and couldn't form the louvers anyway.  I've got CAD and a 3D printer, lets try that.

Not perfect, but as a proof on concept its not too bad!

Also played around a little with the exhuast.

And maybe mag wheels instead of spoked.

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
4/4/22 9:46 a.m.

Hi All!  I cant believe I have not touched this bike on almost a year. I scooted another "quick" project in front of it and then life happened hard.  Its time to get back at it though!  Everything was just "mocked up" so far, so up on the table she went for disassembly.  I think I'm going to start working (mechanically anyway) from front to back.  Ill save wiring for last.  :-)

I love my new Motorcycle workshop!  :-)

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
4/7/22 8:37 a.m.

I made some good progress last night! 

The front forks are rebuilt.  I also replaced the bearings in the triple tree.  So the front Suspension is on and hopefully finished.  I also mounted the Headlight and Gauges.  I may need to re do both mounts, but they will work for now!

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
4/11/22 9:46 a.m.

More shop time = more progress!

While I wait for brake parts i figured I would get the exhaust fabricated. 

I bought a pretty rough drag pipes from ebay a while back.

The fit up was pretty horrible, they were all cut to random lengths, and they had been tacked together at one time then broken apart leaving holes. 

All Cleaned up, welded to flanges and cut to the same length. I even had to cut one of them mid pipe and take an inch out to get it snugged up like I wanted it. I still need to get baffles, turn down tips and paint/wrap them. ( and pull some dents if I can figure out a good way to do it)

I also test fit the Clutch and Rear brake foot pedals.

On to the rear wheel.  I've never fully assembled/centered the rear suspension to see how it all lined up. Seems like a good time.

With the rear on and lined up I could sit it on the deck and start looking at Seat/Fender/Sissy bar:

That's it for today.  :-)

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
4/12/22 5:46 p.m.

Nice to see this back up

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
4/17/22 10:50 p.m.

Missed this first time round. Looks great!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WwcLTwucLTaKL8FB6et9XukgwJ8ypvG0JSOZ0BIQXICnEeWtCW73hX6sVm6c5Ugg