wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
6/2/21 3:10 p.m.

I think I have asked this before but I am going to ask it again. I want a couch for a bike to use around town and very light freeway use. I have been looking at the Vultus. I know it's all kinds of hideous but man I love it. I got to sit on one once and found it really comfortable and with the DCT it seems to be a really good beach / grocery cruiser. Some storage and low to the ground it has ABS and its a Honda. 

Has anyone actually ridden one, there are like four for sale in the country and I would have to fly or drive about 400 miles to actually see another one in person. At around 6500$ its a impulse buy and something I would want around just to have but I could just go out and get a 946 Vespa that does 90% of what this does and may be more collectable in the long run. 

2015 Honda NM4 DCT ABS—Road Test Review | Rider Magazine | Rider Magazine

wawazat
wawazat Dork
6/3/21 1:38 p.m.

No input other than I saw one of those recently and didn't know what it was.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
6/3/21 6:55 p.m.

It reminds me a little bit of the Gurney Alligator.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) UberDork
6/3/21 7:06 p.m.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
6/4/21 11:34 a.m.

Ok it's official. I'm a weirdo. Between this and the Yamaha Niken I'm ready to go into debt for a few years.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
6/5/21 9:38 a.m.

Weird to not know a U.S. Honda existed.

gearheadE30
gearheadE30 Dork
6/5/21 12:06 p.m.

Is that based on the NC700 platform/engine? I have heard a lot of good things about them, and a few isolated horror stories of problems with the DCT but overall not enough for me to be afraid of them. Definitely more fun/interesting/weird than a Vespa, and I think the commuter role is where the DCT would shine. I've only tried one on an Africa Twin in the dirt, and I didn't really like it in that role but functionally it seemed to work well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q0T1PeX4ws4SjE0izU4FC2LmANRc7ZxcWF8r4GHhsdn1j5avXljuGd5pGOVm5EY0