1 2
03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/18/20 11:34 p.m.

Yea, you had mentioned tall. I had to go back to your pictures to see the faring... I bet you could find a good sale for that online. I think a lot of folks like it. Albeit, prolly shorter guys! The best BMW site I found, or had recommended to me actually, is IBMWR.org. Great folks, if ya haven't been there yet. And there is a guy down in mid FL that deals in used parts, that is highly spoken of by some friends of mine. Goes by Gator,  big surprise! I could prolly find his e-mail, if I looked hard enough.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/18/20 11:35 p.m.

Yea, you had mentioned tall. I had to go back to your pictures to see the faring... I bet you could find a good sale for that online. I think a lot of folks like it. Albeit, prolly shorter guys! The best BMW site I found, or had recommended to me actually, is IBMWR.org. Great folks, if ya haven't been there yet. And there is a guy down in mid FL that deals in used parts, that is highly spoken of by some friends of mine. Goes by Gator,  big surprise! I could prolly find his e-mail, if I looked hard enough.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
11/19/20 4:37 p.m.

Thats why I suggested cutting it, its the cheapest possible solution 

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/19/20 10:28 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

Thats why I suggested cutting it, its the cheapest possible solution 

cheapest for now... but not if down the road I decide I would prefer something else lol... honestly the noise is the only issue I have with the windscreen height... I don't notice it moving my head around so I'll prob just stick with earplugs for a while... and I can get the clip on spoiler tops for about $30 so that is a close 2nd for price.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/19/20 11:22 p.m.

a few more days of riding... the more I ride it the more I think my speedo is WAY off... I know stock they are off for most of the ST bikes... seems they didn't bother adjusting anything for the ST with the 18" wheel vs the 19" on the funduro version...

so maybe a GPS speedo is in the future... there are a few that look like they should be drop ins for the stock gauge location... while I'm at it I'll swap the clock that doesn't work for a coolant temp gauge instead of relying on the temp dummy light... there are a few gauges that also have USB and voltage so that may be what I go with.

and lastly... this one may be grown out of but I'd like a gear indicator... there has been a few times at stops that I thought I was down to 1st but was in 2nd... stalling feels so dumb lol... also went into a turn at an intersection thinking I was in 2nd and I was down in 1st... 

the more and more I'm riding it the more I'm enjoying it... it seems to really like clutchless shifting

before any of that happens I'll also be adding a trunk... I prob won't go full KLR 650 ghetto with a milk crate on it (mostly because I can't find any for free lol) but KLR upscale using a harbor freight pelecan type case bolted to the rear luggage mount... no more backpack on my back that way and water proof 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/20/20 12:31 a.m.

I kept the givi case off of mine when I sold it... the way it mounted didn't impress me much (may have been home made by someone) I could be talked out of it.

I've felt smoother doing clutchless shifts on a lot of bikes. My F650 liked the clutch for 1-2, but the rest without.

Glad you are enjoying it!

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/20/20 1:32 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

you've got mail lol.

I think 1-2 will be def the preferable one, I've caught neutral a few too many times lol.... the others seem fine as well... a little quick drop on throttle as I kick it and up it goes...

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/21/20 12:55 p.m.

my next "upgrade" came in... going to go on the swingarm, key places on the frame and fork... please don't run into me lol.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
11/23/20 4:49 p.m.

I really got attached to the gear indicator on the K75, and it was a hard transition into my next bikes. After a few hundred miles of getting used to the bike, I don't miss it one bit now. It's like anything: you get accustomed to the RPM against the speed you're going and gain a feel for what gear you're in. Especially passing neutral. Neutral feels different and you'll likely get a better feel for it soon. Even riding in big boots I can still feel the difference. 

donalson
donalson PowerDork
11/23/20 5:10 p.m.

ya I'm still feeling out where the gearing likes to be... 4th up to about 55 seems the happy space which is strange to me considering how much time I seem to recall spending in 5th and 6th on my old katana... but 600cc i4 vs 650cc thumper is kinda different haha.

also still getting used to the clutch friction zone location... it's stiffer than I'd like (and shockingly stiff after sitting on a friends ninja 400 lol)...

new brake pads prob need to be my next thing... the ones on there just don't grab like I think they should and anything quick requires a fist full of power... for rear I've only managed to lock the rear up once even after trying... 

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
ly6RhhaOCzv7X5QiG4cjb4bDCPiUY66hvvGjKF0WUMVYh5nCpKKOBjNNtA8k3QKY