Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/6/19 10:18 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
3/6/19 10:20 a.m.

I own a Buell.

I want an electric motorcycle.

And yet, this does nothing for me.  Pffffttt.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/6/19 10:27 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

What about it bugs you?  

The only electric motorcycle I've ever seen in person is the Zero a client engineer in NH rides.  His foul weather driver is a Leaf.  It looks really cool, but it's eerily quiet. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
3/6/19 10:32 a.m.

In reply to Ian F :

Low power, probably high-ish weight, hub motor will most likely be heavy, and the real killer- not being targeted as a performance bike.  It might have some of the cool engineering weirdness I like in Buell's previous products, but the batE36 M3 insane excess of power, racebike geometry, and crazy styling are all missing.  Just doesn't do anything for me, where something like an Alta or Brammo (both now defunct) really did.

Nick Comstock
Nick Comstock MegaDork
3/6/19 10:36 a.m.

I like it. I think it's too expensive. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
3/6/19 10:38 a.m.

I like the projected selling price.  The bicycle is pretty neat, too.

One thing I've never figured out about late model motorcycles is that odd appendage they all have behind the rear wheel to mount the license plate - is there a reason for it, or is it just a current styling trend?  First thing I'd do is take that off and hang the plate on the back end of the seat.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
3/6/19 10:40 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

It gives the appearance of not having a fender while still sort of providing one- when you move the license plate to the back of the seat and lose the appendage (which everyone does), the rear tire slings stuff all over your back.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
3/6/19 10:54 a.m.

Things have been developing quite interestingly at the Isle of Man with the TT Zero class...  Wonder if they will make an effort at it. 

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon Reader
3/6/19 12:10 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MVqEaOWZsFsLj55Mst4uJPHNMebQZQ2AGRkDCc7dphZ0cXQmRqPUgBUDlQ1dOlhI