bgkast (Forum Supporter)
bgkast (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/2/20 9:38 a.m.

And 3 more to go. 

17 guys in eastern Oregon. Thinning down to 7 today. I think we will hit Idaho by this afternoon. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
8/2/20 10:29 a.m.

Envious.  Hope it continues to go well.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/2/20 7:59 p.m.

Brings back fond memories !  Happy (and safe) travels ...

wawazat
wawazat Dork
8/3/20 12:13 p.m.

Looks like a great time!  I love the Triumph as well.   I want to do some motorcycle camping next year.  

bgkast (Forum Supporter)
8/5/20 9:52 a.m.

Last day and we are heading home. We went through Idaho and into Montana on Sunday. Should be around 1750 miles when I hit home.

Top of Dually Pass in Oregon

Ghost town of Bayhorse

Came across this Raider in Idaho or Montana and it made me think of irish44j's build

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
8/5/20 1:31 p.m.

Woah, that's quite a trip! Was it pretty hot along the John Day? I had some friends in Spray years ago and went through there a few times. 

How was the bike? Mechanicals hold together? And what about you? That Triumph isn't exactly a cruiser...what kind of hours/miles did you do between breaks? 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
8/5/20 4:13 p.m.

The color is the best Triumph color.

Awesome trip you had. I totally despise camping but enjoy trips like that when Motel 6 is available.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
8/5/20 10:54 p.m.

Looks like a great trip!  yes

I used to do at least a couple trips every summer, but all my riding cohorts have pretty much aged out of it, and I'm not really interested in sleeping on the ground myself these days... cheeky

I definitely miss it though...

bgkast (Forum Supporter)
8/7/20 11:01 p.m.

1751 miles when I rolled into my driveway. The old Speed Triple ran like a top. Only issue was a low battery one night because I left the ignition on for a half hour or so accidentally. I was able to bump start it and idle for awhile to recharge, but this showed me that my radiator fan is broken.

Hottest temp we saw was 104. That warranted jumping into a creek to cool off. We did a few 350 to 400 mile days, stopping for a butt break every hour or so.

Westayed in a really neat lodge in Lowman ID one night, and at a buddy's cabin the last night, all other days were camping. 

The coolest part was my buddy's 80 year old dad joining us for the first days, riding the red  Daytona pictured above. He still gets around the corners faster than I ever have.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hK2zqTSsRQqIeHWOceem89tBjomj8N1rxgtzOgoTJcEUjqXHAsuV5rbTXCwoYipr