manladypig
manladypig Reader
4/6/20 4:10 p.m.

I've had this Suzuki dr350 for about a month now, very clean, no oil leaks any where. I was taking it out for a ride today, went to shift from 3rd to 4th, horrible sounds and then the bike shuts off. It wasn't smoking or super hot, it seemed completely normal, put the clutch in to shift didn't even touch the lever yet and it shut off. Pulled over, it failed to crank twice then all the electronics were dead. Is it siezed? The previous owner took really good care of it, It definitely has no oil leak, I dont know what happened. The previous owner did tell me that the battery was going out and all the electronics are dead now, but would that really effect it while its running? It has a dry sump oil system.

Brett_Murphy (Forum Supporter)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/6/20 4:24 p.m.

Can you bump start it?

No Time
No Time Dork
4/6/20 4:35 p.m.

I'd pull the plugs then trintomroll it forward and back wards in gear to see if the engine will move.

You could also pull the side cover with the flywheel and try turning it forward and back by hand. 

when you tried cranking it did the starter do anything? 

manladypig
manladypig Reader
4/6/20 7:22 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

Im gonna rotate the engine by hand tomorrow, then we'll see. When I tried to start it back up on the side of the road after it died, the starter made just barely a noise and after 2 tries all electronics were dead

It should also be mentioned it was just filled with gas prior to the ride so it wasn't gas, just to rule out the most simple cause.

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
4/6/20 7:30 p.m.

Sound like it eat the stator and killed the battery at the same time.  Whats the oil look like?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZjUysO8WXLLYeNwbIb6T9q3TDpp6NvpWzVQu5NxzGYkXZcT17XFyogJqJGeLbtgv