1 2
Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
4/5/10 11:18 a.m.

Well, you asked for it....

We've recently added a 2010 Sachs MadAss to our stable of projects. This little squirt of a bike is a ton of fun, and we're pretty excited about having a pit bike to run around at events like the Mitty.

If the sprockets type folks are interested in seeing additional two-wheeled content, they'll vote the MadAss up on the project car page. We're eager to hear your feedback!

alex
alex Dork
4/5/10 11:26 a.m.

The two-wheeled revolution has begun...

Very cool, and I'd vote the crap out of it, but I don't see it on the Project Car page yet. But I'll be watching.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
4/5/10 11:34 a.m.

If you're as MadAss ignorant as I am, let me save you a step:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtOdy3_G14Q

Dan

Woody
Woody SuperDork
4/5/10 11:42 a.m.

Hey, I was the first to vote it up!

And on a side note, I thought these were Chinese. I didn't realize they were German.

(.....pondering Ruckus for Madass trade-in....)

alex
alex Dork
4/5/10 11:57 a.m.

Found it, voted up. I like where this is going.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
4/5/10 1:08 p.m.

I want to see video of that thing at 55mph!

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
4/5/10 2:44 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I want to see video of that thing at 55mph in the pits!

Better.

Tom Heath
4/5/10 3:24 p.m.
Woody wrote: Hey, I was the first to vote it up! And on a side note, I thought these were Chinese. I didn't realize they were German. (.....pondering Ruckus for Madass trade-in....)

German engineered, Chinese/Taiwan manufactured. Sadly, China isn't an option for "country of origin" yet.

Tom Heath
4/5/10 3:25 p.m.

I should have clarified; it's an "other cool car", not a full-on project. Yet.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
4/5/10 3:36 p.m.

drats, I was hoping to be vote no.4, but alas, I am vote no. 5...does that make me the first loser?

Gonzo_Bmod
Gonzo_Bmod Reader
4/5/10 3:36 p.m.

Per has a 1000cc Kawasaki Z-1 that would "bolt up".

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/5/10 4:28 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: I want to see video of that thing at 55mph!

I've done over 50 on it, but I didn't bring my camera!

We may have to mount a Go Pro Hero cam, or Chase Cam to it for some really cool footage! Hmmmm....time to build a ramp!

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Reader
4/5/10 4:29 p.m.

Sweet. Been thinking about one of these down the road (the 125 version) as a fun commuter ride if I get bored with the motor scooter.

Appleseed
Appleseed SuperDork
4/5/10 11:53 p.m.

WoooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

modernbeat
modernbeat HalfDork
4/6/10 8:14 a.m.

I'd much rather see GRM stick with Grassroots Motorsports than dilute the content even more. Even if you can use this as a pit bike, I don't need a hop-up or shoot-out article for pit bikes.

Tom Heath
4/6/10 8:33 a.m.

It's unlikely that the little bike will be in the pages of GRM, especially as a feature. This is a support vehicle for our events, not a new direction for the magazines.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
4/6/10 8:41 a.m.

$3000

minimac
minimac Dork
4/6/10 9:00 a.m.

I've been telling anyone that will listen that scooters are a gas to drive around, even minimalist ones like the Madass or a Ruckus. They're wide open, your butt is close to the ground, it's like sitting in a Laz-E -Boy, and anyone that tries one always comes back smiling. You think you're flying down the road and you're really doing about 35mph! A small section, possibly just a column or two, on two wheeled fun(on a cheap budget) is something the editorial staff should consider.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Dork
4/6/10 5:07 p.m.
Karl La Follette wrote: $3000

Indeed. New, too.

Tom Heath
4/6/10 7:16 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
Karl La Follette wrote: $3000
Indeed. New, too.

The MadAss is $2500 here, which is about smack in the middle between a Ninja 250 motorcycle and a new scooter like a Ruckus or Zuma. Not inexpensive, but not inappropriate for it's spot in the market.

skierd
skierd Dork
4/7/10 1:38 a.m.
modernbeat wrote: I'd much rather see GRM stick with Grassroots Motorsports than dilute the content even more. Even if you can use this as a pit bike, I don't need a hop-up or shoot-out article for pit bikes.

You know, I just got the schedule of events for my local AMA district as I joined to be able to ride in their dual sport series. There is a ton of grassroots moto action out there... and we don't even have a lot of places to ride here in the Mid-Atlantic.

I'd love to see some 2-wheeled (non-pit-bike) content.

modernbeat
modernbeat HalfDork
4/7/10 10:42 a.m.
skierd wrote:
modernbeat wrote: I'd much rather see GRM stick with Grassroots Motorsports than dilute the content even more. Even if you can use this as a pit bike, I don't need a hop-up or shoot-out article for pit bikes.
You know, I just got the schedule of events for my local AMA district as I joined to be able to ride in their dual sport series. There is a ton of grassroots moto action out there... and we don't even have a lot of places to ride here in the Mid-Atlantic. I'd love to see some 2-wheeled (non-pit-bike) content.

I would too, just not in GRM. I'd prefer it in my motorcycle magazines.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
4/7/10 10:47 a.m.
modernbeat wrote:
skierd wrote:
You know, I just got the schedule of events for my local AMA district as I joined to be able to ride in their dual sport series. There is a ton of grassroots moto action out there... and we don't even have a lot of places to ride here in the Mid-Atlantic. I'd love to see some 2-wheeled (non-pit-bike) content.
I would too, just not in GRM. I'd prefer it in my motorcycle magazines.

pit bike = race track content = racecar magazine content = OK for GRM paper publication...somewhere along the lines of the fun say what and Internet hot rod- esque features. Just a fun 2 paragraph blurb in an issue or 2.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
4/7/10 11:02 a.m.

It's not like we're talking about a format change here, just an interesting little sidebar.

alex
alex Dork
4/7/10 1:41 p.m.

This just in: new stuff is scary. Film at 11.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6A4PKn72ddWVyfJ8x6IMI3rLGBChg6MXpD95PvRVjFSGygMutJrou1qhsX7trNmn