Spinout007
Spinout007 New Reader
3/4/09 7:37 p.m.

http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2008/07/09/gunbus-410-cubic-inch-v-twin-motorcycle-completed/

LOL just saw this thing, and the only thing I can say is, I want one. U could prob roll over anyone in a small car that jumped out in front of u. Which is the primary reason I have very little desire to ride a bike in Gainesville.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
3/4/09 8:01 p.m.

Wow...

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
3/4/09 9:01 p.m.

I need to see a video of someone actually riding it.

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/5/09 12:50 a.m.

Fat chicks love it.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x HalfDork
3/5/09 8:12 a.m.

(insert joke about compensating for X here)

Grtechguy
Grtechguy SuperDork
3/5/09 8:29 a.m.

59 pictures in the gallery on the manufacturer's website.

not 1 of it running, let alone being ridden

http://www.leonhardtweb.de/en/gunbus/design.htm

Xceler8x
Xceler8x HalfDork
3/5/09 12:20 p.m.

I'd have to say...I'd be afraid to ride it. 1400lbs? I thought my TL1000S was heavy at around 500 or so.

Spinout007
Spinout007 New Reader
3/5/09 1:15 p.m.
Xceler8x wrote: I'd have to say...I'd be afraid to ride it. 1400lbs? I thought my TL1000S was heavy at around 500 or so.

heh I learned to ride on my old mans wing, first time I dumped it I thought I would never get it back up. it's all about leverage.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
3/5/09 10:51 p.m.

Not sure we need a bike even bigger and heavier than a Harley. I'm more partial to some of the other links on the site, like this:

Or this:

Ohhh Yahhh....

Spinout007
Spinout007 New Reader
3/6/09 9:03 a.m.
aircooled wrote: Or this: Ohhh Yahhh....

yeah that one got me thinking....already looking for a grassroots reed valve source. maybe my old cb200 just needs a helping hand.

Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
3/6/09 9:18 a.m.

Pulse jet?

Spinout007
Spinout007 New Reader
3/6/09 11:40 a.m.

Yup, worlds simplest engine, I think, one moving part in the whole thing.....only problem is it takes a BIG one to move anything with real enthusiasm, that and just like any jet engine they take time to build thrust. There's a guy in New Zeland that has built them and put em on rc aircraft, those things scream. He also has a few other projects that the governments have taken notice of . There is also a version that doesn't use the reed valve but it's even bigger.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
3/6/09 12:43 p.m.

When I was a kid, they ran ads in the back of comic books for plans to build a pulse jet for your bicycle.

Spinout007
Spinout007 New Reader
3/6/09 4:24 p.m.
stuart in mn wrote: When I was a kid, they ran ads in the back of comic books for plans to build a pulse jet for your bicycle.

Wow, I can only imagine the lawsuits that would come out of something like that today. Especially if u have ever seen video of how red hot those get when they're running.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
3/6/09 6:47 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: Wow, I can only imagine the lawsuits that would come out of something like that today. Especially if u have ever seen video of how red hot those get when they're running.

Of course, they did all kinds of things back then that wouldn't fly today... A popular Christmas gift for kids was a Gilbert chemistry set that contained all kinds of dangerous chemicals, as well as a piece of uranium.

"Kits from the 1920s to the 60s might include radioactive uranium, deadly sodium cyanide, or pure magnesium foil that burns at 4,000°F, with manuals that told how to mix up gunpowder or melt sand red-hot to blow your own glass test tubes. The Golden Book of Chemistry Experiments debuted in 1960, packed with risky experiments. Its 19th-century predecessor, The Boy’s Own Book, had 20-plus pages of chemistry and fireworks recipes."

My brother and I had one of those chemistry sets, and somehow we survived to adulthood without blowing our fingers off or growing extra heads.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/11/19 7:50 a.m.
Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
7/11/19 7:58 a.m.
Grtechguy said:

59 pictures in the gallery on the manufacturer's website.

not 1 of it running, let alone being ridden

http://www.leonhardtweb.de/en/gunbus/design.htm

With giant exposed chains right next to your feet or legs, I can't imagine why anyone might be hesitant to ride it...

direct link for the lazy...

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
7/11/19 8:26 a.m.

That's not a motorcycle, it's an art project.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
V65yhOkH5HvIQ0c3AXDviQmHKeRqON9smbAOjnWPycKC46GQ6lTMi1jT6Kt3i8TX