mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
1/19/21 8:10 p.m.

Years ago when we lived in Virginia, my son & I bought some bikes in Pennsylvania. I got an awesome KDX200 (best trail, off-road, hare scramble bikes ever made -imo). My son got a nice YZ250F from a really nice guy that lived in the mountains. 
He saw the KDX on the trailer & proceeded to educate us on how great they were except the suspension could use some updating & more travel. He explained everything about the YZF250 that he got from a kid since it was really hard to start. He updated the cold & hot start circuits in the carb & went into way more detail than I could remember. We were amazed at his knowledge & he explained his lifelong motorcycle experience & showed us his basement motorcycle shop. I think he said he was actually a dentist. There was a double door at ground floor so he could ride/roll the bikes in & out. The customizing he did was amazing. He had a KDX200 motor installed in a CR125 frame, many other bikes in various states of repair. His favorite bike was a CR500 with a sand paddle rear tire & a huge headlight. We asked why the sand paddle in the mountains of Pennsylvania & he said he rode with the snowmobiles in the area.  His house backed up to the mountain & he could just take off & ride without hauling them. Something we couldn't do in Virginia. 
Often I wonder what creation he is coming up with.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/21/21 8:58 a.m.

Sounds similar to, but not exactly like, a lawyer guy I know. He lived in the mountains north of Reading and recently moved to Florida. It's who I got my 1964 RE Interceptor from. His name is Dave. He has a shop in Clearwater called Bullpen Cycles.  He still has the house in PA but is probably selling it this year.

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
1/23/21 3:40 a.m.

That is probably him. Lawyer not a dentist. I'm in Florida now also. If anyone could have a bike shop he could. 

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
1/23/21 7:08 a.m.

Dave is a character. The good kind. He rides vintage motorcross down there. Takes his German Shepherd with him most everywhere. He sold me a really great bike at a fair price this past summer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8vgHV8nLWZMLEhZBGRwoMAUTaZ2SP2JDmw7tkHRrfsVL5b1hK30iclrn36HqnPfF