kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
3/2/21 6:39 p.m.
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to kevlarcorolla :

I put mini moto bars on my SV650, and they were awesome. Sized for an 80 or so. Dirt bend but street width. 

I took your advice and ordered some mini moto bars off amazon....seem to be about right for cheap.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/6/21 12:30 p.m.

Since i got the oil leak fixed took it down to the car wash to wash it. 

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
3/11/21 12:55 p.m.

I picked up a new Trek Marlin 7 yesterday, it wasn't exactly what I was looking for but I think it will be lots of fun on a couple trips we have planned.  We're going down to Fayetteville, AR next month to do some trail riding.

I also got this State Bicycle Co Core-Line for the wife for riding around town.  It's really great looking bike and she loves it.

Nader
Nader New Reader
3/15/21 5:17 p.m.

I call this my "KTM Circle of Excellence."  Blue 393 is a half-titanium 560 SMR, orange 411 is ex-Maria Forsberg's X-games winning 250, and the back orange one is my street 525 SMR.

Nader
Nader New Reader
3/15/21 5:21 p.m.

I put a rack on my 525 SMR to help make beer runs.  Bike is only happy on surface streets for short errands.

Nader
Nader New Reader
3/15/21 5:27 p.m.

I spent most of this off-season modifying this '66 Honda CL160/175 vintage race bike.  Has a CB200 head, CDI programmable ignition, titanium axles and swingarm bolts, titanium shifter and brake rods, titanium engine and suspension mounting bolts, etc etc.

3/15/21 5:48 p.m.

In reply to Nader :

That 525 is on my list for next purchase.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/15/21 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Nader :

Great googly moogly that's awesome. Well done. 

Nader
Nader New Reader
3/15/21 6:56 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I've been following your moto exploits in your thread.  Looks like great fun on the kart tracks.  If/when you want to step it up a bit to run on bigger, nationally known racetracks, but still want to keep it sane re: speed and safety, I suggest racing small displacement vintage bikes like mine.  Local motorcycle race clubs usually have an accomodating vintage class, but if not, AHRMA is a national organization that fits.

mazdeuce - Seth
3/15/21 8:16 p.m.

In reply to Nader :

I just re-used my AHMRA membership for another year. Haven't even been to an event yet, but I know I'm headed that way. The main issue is travel as none of the events are anywhere close to me in Texas and I still have kid/dad stuff that limits my time away for another few years. It'll happen, and I'm going to pick your brain about it. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/15/21 10:44 p.m.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
3/16/21 9:09 a.m.

I have been looking at E-bikes for almost a year...  Wanted to find something for the wife and I that we could use at RV destinations, light trail use at home, and as 'pit bikes' when we go racing.  Finally settled on Ride1UP 700s.  Hers came in a couple of weeks ago, mine was a frustrating process, but finally arrived yesterday.  My initial impression is very positive.  We're hoping for decent weather this weekend so we can get out for a ride.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
3/16/21 10:41 a.m.

2010 Iron 883, just replaced the bars, front signals and switched to bar end mirrors

wawazat
wawazat Dork
3/16/21 2:22 p.m.

^ Looks good!  Where did you get the parts?   All healed up?  Any lingering issues (I hope not)?

mazdeuce - Seth
3/16/21 2:46 p.m.

Kind of new bikes on the right is the CR85 that is an amalgamation of a few parts bikes. Kid#3 has stolen it from me. I like 85s. In retaliation I picked up the 1999 YZ125 on the left. Today was the first ride for that bike. It's my first "full size" dirt bike. It's fun. 

Peabody
Peabody UltimaDork
3/16/21 2:48 p.m.

People seem to really like those steel frame YZ's for woods riding

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
3/16/21 2:51 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Still may need surgery on the knee, but have been very productive at work. 

All of the parts were bought online and most aren't vehicle specific.  Less than $150 for all new LED tail lights, brake and turn signals, bar end mirrors, drag bar handlebars, and decent grips

Jesse Ransom (FFS)
Jesse Ransom (FFS) UltimaDork
3/16/21 3:10 p.m.

In reply to Nader :

Last time I was following F-160 more closely it seemed like we were down to the last dozen or so good cranks on Earth, and folks seemed to be drifting off to 250 Ninjas... How's the parts supply holding up?
(I did my only couple of motorcycle races in F-160 in... 2005?)

Nader
Nader New Reader
3/16/21 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Jesse Ransom (FFS) :

2005 was the heyday for F-160 racing.  I started in '06.  Back then, everyone had 160s, but eventually migrated to 175s.  Hardly any "sloper" bikes anymore (except for a few of us old-timers).  For the last 10 years or so, newcomers to the class are riding the more common "vert" 175s.

Ninja 250 came and went.  Then we saw a bunch of KTM 390s, which have been replaced by Yamaha R3 and Ninja 300s.

3/16/21 6:48 p.m.

Built my axle sliders for rear, got steering lock working and went for a spin. 

mazdeuce - Seth
3/16/21 7:54 p.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) :

Those tires look proper on that bike. The passenger pegs are kind of absurd looking, but probably useful. 

3/16/21 8:02 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

The shinko 705s are quite good on this, more grip than I thought there would be. 

I go back and forth on taking off pillion pegs, but always end up keeping them because I end up with a passenger Simi often. 

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/16/21 8:26 p.m.

Riding days are here again! It might have been 35 degrees when I left the house, but things warmed up before too long. I took my Husky Supermoto and my buddy brought his Yamaha Tenere along for a multi-surface adventure connecting a bunch of twisties into a 160-mile loop. Still quite a lot of debris on the roads, but we had a blast!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
3/17/21 8:04 p.m.

3/17/21 9:08 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Looking really good. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oZl6EcKKg3sGoBmn0gC8RAItcGGJK4n0pnvFX3ddHIXwePUVwVYHK3mLWMTMorWp