nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
4/11/21 10:06 a.m.

Helping my kids dip their toes in the water...

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
4/17/21 12:07 a.m.

Since I did finally get rid of some stuff, my "financial manager" (SWMBO)  did approved the purchase of the new to me K75S! Same color as the one I rode into the ground (so I have a parts bike!) but still has its factory faring, and no modifications like mine had.

When I first bought mine I was glad the rather unatractive faring had been removed! Now I am old enough to admit the faring might be a bit small! (my, how we change blush)

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/17/21 12:09 a.m.

Same gentelman (hr. above Memphis) also has his Trumpet for sale... asking 2500.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/17/21 7:26 a.m.

What are the white and the red fenders in the background attached to?

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/17/21 8:26 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver :

I had to go back and look at his "stable" picture to be sure, but its a newish Guzzi.

Thats the ones currently tagged;

and that's a peek under his carport. Cool old guy!

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/17/21 4:03 p.m.

In reply to nderwater :

I have been eyeing thoes for the neighbor kids to play with. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
4/25/21 12:07 a.m.

Rode~300 miles of New Hampshire and Maine today.  Neck is a little burned but it was a really pretty day In  a pretty place

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
4/25/21 6:28 a.m.

300 miles on Sportster suspension? You are a tougher fella than I. laugh

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/25/21 7:29 a.m.

Nice ride Jim!

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
4/25/21 7:30 a.m.

Guy on the NSF100 owns the KTM. Guy on the KTM owns a KX65 that is broken and was really there to ride the Grom that is out of shot that is being ridden by our kart friend. Swapping tiny bikes is one of the best parts of the kart track. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
4/25/21 7:43 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Zero highway or interstate 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
4/25/21 8:08 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

In reply to wawazat :

Zero highway or interstate 

yes

DesmoDog
DesmoDog New Reader
5/24/21 3:34 p.m.

It seems I've already posted in this thread but it was about five years ago, and things change. Here's my "main" bike now. 

Yeah, I know, doesn't go with the user name. I'm getting old. No belts, no radiator, no demonic valvetrain, no chain. Easy living! No 150hp either but sacrifices need to be made. 

Here's the one that's sitting in my shop awaiting coolant hoses. I thought all I would do is put new plugs in it this spring and have it dialed in on a dyno (it's running rich) but that led to realizing I needed to change the belts, so may as well check the valves, so may as well change the (original) coolant hoses... which means a 3-4 month wait to get black ones because there is no way I'm putting BLUE hoses on it, and that's the "stock" color for the aftermarket brand. Grrrr...

The Guzzi is my first non-Ducati streetbike since about 1995. Aside from an Aprilia track bike (which I've since sold) I was all Ducati, all the time for about 25 years. Hence the username. 

Here's what the garage typically looked like before I started thinning out the herd in prep for retirement. 

The only one I sometimes regret selling is the yellow 996. It's kinda nice not having to insure/register/maintain them all, but I gotta admit, if a nice M900 showed up for the right price, I'd be very tempted... or a 900ss... or...

Rodan
Rodan SuperDork
5/24/21 7:01 p.m.

A yellow 916/996 is about the pinnacle of sportbike beauty, IMHO...  always wanted one, but never got around to it.  An unpleasant ownership experience with an ST4S turned me off Ducs.

CWR67
CWR67 New Reader
5/25/21 9:18 a.m.

I was cleaning up/rearranging the inside of my shop the other day and pulled the "toys" out.  Figured I might as well stage them on the driveway for a pic....

5/25/21 12:04 p.m.

Been slamming miles on this. New skid plate and seat on. Need to repack the exhaust. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/25/21 1:05 p.m.

2004 Specialized FSR-XC, disc-ready but built with rim brakes. Old and busted:

Just converted to 1x9 and disc brakes, changed front fork, rebuilt rear shock. New hotness:

I'm really psyched to get back on the trails. I've gotten soft in the 2.5 years since I quit running.

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
5/25/21 2:22 p.m.

My uncle's 1971 Ossa Stiletto is almost ready to take it's first breath since the early 80s.  A botched crank seal job leaned it out and smoked the big end bearing and he parked it in his living room until last year when my father rescued it.  Motor is fresh from top to bottom, stock mx cylinder with a little port work, and some very experimental transmission modifications.  Going to leave the cracked paint, worn fiberglass, and duct tape seat as an ode to it's history, but am absolutely going to go race it and try not to let one of my collarbones leave my body.  Still waiting on front tire, controls, and a fender, but I'm hoping to make some explosions happen this week.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
5/25/21 8:26 p.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado :

That's a compelling bike.

5/26/21 7:55 a.m.

Fixing a gz250 for a friend. Had charging issues and general stuff falling off. 

Had to go test ride and drug pegs. Probably the biggest turd I have ridden in a while. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
5/26/21 9:16 a.m.
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado said:

My uncle's 1971 Ossa Stiletto is almost ready to take it's first breath since the early 80s. 

There was an Ossa dealer nearby when I was a teenager, I knew a few guys who rode them.  The dealer's sign said "Ossa - She's a Bear."  smiley  They also sold Montesas.  (The word Ossa actually translates as 'she-bear'.)

spandak
spandak Dork
5/28/21 11:14 a.m.

In reply to DesmoDog :

That V85tt is lovely. They have gotten my attention lately as a great all arounder. How do you like it?

Love all of the Guzzis on this page!

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
5/28/21 7:42 p.m.

Picked it up this morning. 4900 OTD 2014 with 8337 miles on her.  Stands up in first if you hit it to hard, and wants to stand up in second. Owned by a friend of the dealership's owner, came with the owners manual, tool kit, KTM binder for keeping records. Older guy, who aparently lost half his foot to diabetes and couldn't ride anymore. 40 mile ride when I got home, couldn't get the smile off my face.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
5/29/21 8:28 a.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Nice!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
5/31/21 3:11 p.m.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CdAGsXhMoSOy2WQLwdA8tRbiK4ryCdK6OG0qTFbjrYgZ89TzMJPvc0Rdaeyy7K66