ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
8/4/21 11:29 p.m.
fatallightning said:

Thinking about cleaning and syncing 6 carbs makes my soul hurt.

Don't forget, you either have to pull the swingarm or tilt the engine forward to get them out.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
8/6/21 12:13 p.m.
ShawnG said:
fatallightning said:

Thinking about cleaning and syncing 6 carbs makes my soul hurt.

Don't forget, you either have to pull the swingarm or tilt the engine forward to get them out.

Meh. worth it.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/9/21 8:20 p.m.

The grom and xs400 had a gaurd cought on camera. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
8/10/21 2:47 p.m.
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) said:

Getting lunch in the rain. 

Seems like all I do lately is ride in the rain. Last weekend, bringing a friend some chemicals for his aquarium, pull out of the yard, get five miles from the house, stop for gas, and by the time I get out from under the awning from the pumps, the sky is black and it's sprinkling. (back under the awning for the rain liner for my jacket...) Left the house last night to a cool evening, and stars, by the time I got to the store it's sprinkling... If I touch the bike, it's raining. Last tank of gas lasted almost 3 weeks. I got used to filling up twice a week at least 2 months ago. So much rain even the commercial grade mower isn't knocking down the grass. 

Good thing I don't melt devil

8/10/21 3:20 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Same here tho. I haven't gone on a ride without getting wet. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
8/29/21 4:05 p.m.

got out for a quick ride yesterday morning. Stopped by the local train museum to pose her in front of the caboose. 

ddavidv
ddavidv UltimaDork
8/30/21 7:23 a.m.

My touring rig, on a trip from 2017. Coming up on 45,000 miles. 2012 Tiger 800.

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/30/21 2:33 p.m.

Took my Suzuki Goose 350 for a little ride the other day for the first time in a while; what a joy a lightweight bike is on the right road! The bulk of my early motorcycling was on small singles, so this bike feels like an old friend. I've been riding my VFR800 a lot this summer, which has a wonderful combination of comfort, exhaust note, and feels very happy at high speed, so the contrast when hopping on the Goose was significant!

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
8/30/21 5:05 p.m.

What is that? Trellis frame and USD fork look cool!

8/31/21 6:56 a.m.

Almost 60 miles all in the rain 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
8/31/21 12:27 p.m.

Brap, that thing is so hot.  Really a cool bike

8/31/21 4:05 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

I really appreciate it, we are working on some cool stuff for over the winter.

8/31/21 6:35 p.m.

In reply to fatallightning :

Thanks! It is a 1992 Suzuki Goose 350 with an FCR39 and titanium Yoshimura exhaust.

More Goose 350 info

Cycle World article when the bike was new

And Brap, still loving your DRZ! As a year-round rider myself, I have lots of respect for anyone who still rides in inclement weather.

8/31/21 7:32 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

Drz has been a wonderful upgrade, fits my needs quite well. Almost 4000 miles on the Drz this year so far. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/3/21 12:06 a.m.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
9/3/21 7:42 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Details, man. Details!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/3/21 8:20 p.m.

Trailered the bike back from New Hampshire to Montgomery.  Then went to a place I like in Mobile, went to hang out with a buddy in Daphne.  We rode our 2 bikes all over and I crashed at his place.  Thurs AM we rode to Waffle House then he went to work and I went to Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, then Pensacola then a little farther east before I turned back north for Montgomery.  455.5 miles in 36 hours plus swimming, drinking, and sleeping.

Yes, he likes my Sportster as much as I like his Thruxton R

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
9/3/21 9:14 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

That Trumpet is sweet. Those two look good together.

9/3/21 10:28 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Sounds like really fun time! Both bikes look good, too!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
9/4/21 8:37 p.m.

I'll let Chris know.  We had a guy come up to us at the gas station really quick and kind of aggressive and just as I'm wondering if I should start my draw he says "yall two have the baddest berkeleying bikes in the WORLD!"

We had a good talk, I did a big smokey burn out and all was well.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
9/21/21 12:32 p.m.

Now with 100% more dropper seat post.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/21/21 1:51 p.m.

I posted this in the pedalsports thread but 1) I buy a bike about every 15 years and 2) I am loving this freak. A 29" hardtail carbon racer.

Not a bike for the timid or for people who rely on 6" of suspension travel to absorb bumps or for people who like to move their seat. It's for people who are looking to haul ass on singletrack. Climbs like a freak and wants to turn all the time. Feels like a thoroughbred. I'm loving it. 

Still have the full suspension ETSX enduro bike for the rockier trails, but this has me coming up with excuses to ride like nothing has in years.

Specs: Bianchi Methanol SL 29 with a (local!) White Brothers fork, carbon everything else and a brand new Sram X9 1x10 drivetrain. First bike I've owned without a front derailleur since I was riding a Raleigh Chopper as a kid. Picked it up at our local gear exchange where it was just too weird for most people, it used to belong to a Bianchi-sponsored racer and has obviously seen some evolution over the years.

I'm watching the clock so I can hit the trails again tonight.

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
9/21/21 2:08 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

That's fantastic.

I don't think I'll ever give up my dropper, though.

Hell, I'm half tempted to try them on the cyclocross and road bikes...

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/21/21 2:52 p.m.

I've been riding mountain bikes since the mid-80s and I've never had a dropper post. I just leave my seat in the same place, as I don't find it really prevents me from using whatever body English is required. I'm a cross country rider and not a downhiller, but we have some pretty technical stuff on the trails around here. It's all about what you learned to ride on, I think. If I'd grown up with bikes that moved the seat by pressing a button, maybe I'd find it necessary :) But I didn't, so I don't.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
9/21/21 6:01 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I've been riding mountain bikes since the mid-80s and I've never had a dropper post. I just leave my seat in the same place, as I don't find it really prevents me from using whatever body English is required. I'm a cross country rider and not a downhiller, but we have some pretty technical stuff on the trails around here. It's all about what you learned to ride on, I think. If I'd grown up with bikes that moved the seat by pressing a button, maybe I'd find it necessary :) But I didn't, so I don't.

Me too, I've been riding mountain (and road, gravel, bmx) since 1983(BMX back then) I'm 52 now, I have owned many, many bikes. I modernized this 2005 Trance with a 1x10 clutch, and now a dropper. It climbs well, descends fantastically, and is a great all day all mountain bike.  I still have my 29er hardtail without a dropper, but this is the one I almost always grab to ride.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JVhlBJVKpeziCkQSEDseMklcVxwzbNpT55uqcrsA896M99hA4q5KNNDEUMYjLCux