1 2 3
dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/13/19 10:35 p.m.

Mostly before and after shots, with a few still at the before stage.

1962 sears flightliner (Murray built)1966 Hiawatha (Murray built)1947 monark rocket. "Klunker" builddont have a photo of it with grips and the green chain handy.

1958 bfgoodrich badged scwhinn. Homebuilt "muscle" bike.1967 scwhinn in coppertone.

1953 Firestone badged monark "urban bomber"

1949 Cleveland welding company 24 inch. My first skiptooth bike.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
10/14/19 5:41 a.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Those are all seriously badass.

Gunchsta
Gunchsta HalfDork
10/14/19 7:52 a.m.

Nice collection, thanks for sharing! I really dig your big muscle bike, that has a great look. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/14/19 12:12 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

Thanks. I find it's easier and cheaper then collecting 10 cars.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/14/19 12:13 p.m.

In reply to Gunchsta :

It's fun too ride for the most part. Originally had a coaster brake 26x 2.125 rear set up but I wanted the 6 speed. Plan too change front forks so I can run a brake. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/19/19 11:58 p.m.

building this for my kids too goof off with, they have never rode a chopper. Started life as a 65 Murray 20 inch frame that was thrown in on another deal

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/21/19 6:23 p.m.

i finally painted one. Not sold on the wheels yet but they work for mock up. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/24/19 7:11 p.m.

its a rider 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/23/19 6:30 p.m.

trying to get a few more rides in while the weather is in the 30s and not colder. Those red street tires don't like snow 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
11/23/19 8:16 p.m.
dropstep said:

building this for my kids too goof off with, they have never rode a chopper. Started life as a 65 Murray 20 inch frame that was thrown in on another deal

Those extended forks were all the rage when I was a kid in the 1960s.  I remember one guy in my school who had some that were about six feet long - it didn't ride very well but he was stylin'.smiley  

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/27/19 7:29 p.m.

When you sell your buddy an old frame for 10 bucks and he can't decide if he wants a klunker or wanna be muscle bike using your spare parts bins

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/29/19 11:25 p.m.

Went for a night ride with a friend, been a while since I rode this one and bounced my phone across a parking lot when I decided to jump a baby 3ft drop

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/3/19 7:14 p.m.

My Christmas present from my wife. Went to a vintage bike shop looking for a frame for a project and he had this spaceliner and it's pretty much my favorite frame design. So I purchased an entire bike. She won't let me touch it until Christmas though.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/5/19 8:52 p.m.

Building the 49 cwc out of spare parts. Tore it all apart and scuffed it with 100 grit sandpaper too knock the flaking paint off, flat clear and then started digging around the old parts pile. Have to drive to a bike shop Saturday to have threads cut on a fork so I'm stuck right here for now. This ones very grimy, but ratty bikes are popular.

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/8/19 1:31 p.m.

Nothing like your 11 year old building a 49 bike for himself too cruise on old bike rides. His brother rode the 65 Murray chopper

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/13/19 11:48 a.m.

I'm starting too feel like a hoarder, apparently I'm becoming known as the guy who will buy any cheap old bike. This one is a 58 scwhinn jaguar. It's mostly rust colored at this point and has a bent cantilever tube. But it was 10 bucks

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/13/19 6:39 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

I’ve been that guy before. This thread isn’t helping me not become him again. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/15/19 9:39 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to dropstep :

I’ve been that guy before. This thread isn’t helping me not become him again. 

I'm having fun with it, my biggest issue is I hate to sell them after they are rebuilt. Scwhinn is my least favorite because of there special sizing for tires!

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/16/19 5:39 a.m.

In reply to dropstep :

True on both accounts. 

I once filled my 16’ trailer with antique bikes from an estate sale. It’s probably a good thing I got an intervention...

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/21/19 6:37 p.m.

Put this one up for sale on Facebook today so I decided to air up the tires and take it a ride. Those 1 3/8 tires aren't real fun on snow or ice!

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
12/22/19 8:40 p.m.

I got rid of the scwhinn and bought the only camaro I've ever wanted

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/22/19 10:11 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

That’s badass! Or maybe I should have said bitchen’?

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/2/20 7:22 p.m.

been cleaning up everything for the spaceliner, that rust remover is awesome stuff. Some of the rust is too deep to save the chrome but I'm happy with the bike so far. Need to decide on handlebars ignore the tools and add a red chain too this pile and you can kind of see what the bike will look like! 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
1/3/20 5:40 p.m.

Almost done. Chain guard and handlebars to go. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/3/20 6:28 p.m.

In reply to dropstep :

Nice!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EfNkVqmyy0MgsglnNNtJhgvIkyxK8SRTBAoqB7BfH8aZZ2WYReijpiIeFCMbRZ96