1 2 3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
7/29/19 1:14 p.m.

I have no idea how well these work but... a tiny silly nitrous kit for $69 might be exactly what this thing needs.

Then if it actually works well, hang a big bottle in the frame hoop and have nitrous for days!

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
7/30/19 4:17 p.m.

I can't believe I hadn't seen this yet!  This so cool!  Very curious about a $1000 challenge, too, as I have a Buddy 125 with a 150 swap that I have around $600 into, and I have a 155cc engine with a performance cam and head stashed in the garage, too.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
7/31/19 4:23 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

I can't believe I hadn't seen this yet!  This so cool!  Very curious about a $1000 challenge, too, as I have a Buddy 125 with a 150 swap that I have around $600 into, and I have a 155cc engine with a performance cam and head stashed in the garage, too.

And I have a running $600 Goldwing 1100.

Chappers
Chappers Reader
8/20/19 1:12 p.m.

Pretty disappointed I couldn't get the 150cc scrambler past 50 mph, which would have made for a long ass ride down to Kentucky and miserable on the long uphills. 

Long story short, I ended up joining the Helix band wagon! (there were 3 of us on Helixes)

A frantic 2 weeks to get it in good order for the trip, new engine mount bushes, new tires, battery, re-tapped engine drain plug, 12v outlet, extra fuel supply, skid plate, air filter.  

This was the day before departure...

We got back on Sunday evening and clocked up around 650 miles, a lot of gravel, sand, rocks, mud, creeks and laughs.

I've got the scrambler scoot up for sale if anyone is interested!

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
9/21/19 7:33 p.m.

Was this over on ADV? I joined there awhile ago (like years) but have never posted. This looks like a stupid amount of fun.

I may or may not be trying to source a cheap Helix locally devil

Chappers
Chappers Reader
9/23/19 1:34 p.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Yeah I did a bit of a write up on the battle scooter section.

I sold both scooters a couple of weeks ago, and bought a KTM 200 XC-W project with the proceeds, so been working on that recently..

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
9/23/19 7:23 p.m.

In reply to Chappers :

Nice!

I just brought home an 04 Helix tonight. It turns over fine but doesn't fire. Dude wanted it out of his garage. For $450 I'm willing to accept the risk.

Chappers
Chappers Reader
9/24/19 9:12 a.m.

In reply to stanger_missle :

Woah, score! 

Join my buddy's group on FB, Hoodrat Helix.

Corey11
Corey11 None
10/10/19 6:44 a.m.

There are no motorcycles here, only scooters

problemaddict
problemaddict HalfDork
11/6/19 10:22 p.m.

Great thread!  I love these kind of builds!

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
11/7/19 11:49 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I have no idea how well these work but... a tiny silly nitrous kit for $69 might be exactly what this thing needs.

Then if it actually works well, hang a big bottle in the frame hoop and have nitrous for days!

Awesome find!  That would be a great bonus for a Harbor Freight powered yard kart.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U7nik3Si7wMJFf3Eexo7Xd1czPgIYhuj3EyqIIuq64tP0K6zddcCn7rKoIzxHqJg