Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/28/21 7:22 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

Progress is progress. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
9/19/21 6:47 p.m.

300+ miles in and I am 100% able to move the bike around the way I want to. I really like this thing I need to make one small change and that is the seat. I keep sliding off the back, just needs some texture or a deeper cut or something to keep me planted., seat is also to wide at the thigh and rubs something terrible. 

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/19/21 6:54 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

The HD dealer in my neck of the woods has a large selection of "demo seats" for people to try out before buying.

If yours has the same, might not be a bad way to shop a few and figure out what you need.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
10/24/21 6:54 p.m.

So got frustrated with the Harley in the last couple weeks. Up to about 1500 miles on it so far. Miss my grom. Harley still some low speed issues, still a bit of wobble on the freeway. Decided that it need to go or needed to be made better. Worst of all is I have test ridden a few newer ones and they are really good bikes. Figured it had to be me, age or setup. 

• So put even stronger silencer inserts in the exhaust. 
  • Drained the front shock fluid out and replaced it with heavy duty SE upgraded fluid. 
    • Old fluid came out dark brown and looked like thin E36 M3. 
  • Played with the air pressure in the tires once I got the bike warmed up. 
  • Greased the front bearings. 
    • Kid you not it took almost a whole tube. 
  • Sat on a few at the dealership that I had test ridden on a demo day and liked and measured my triangle. 
    • Ended up bringing the handle bars up 3-4 inches. 
    • Changed the angle of the clutch and brakes. 
  • New front pads that were listed as "progressive" in feel on amazon, duel compound pad. 
    • Flushed fluid.

Its a whole new bike now. So much easier to ride and control. Mostly due to the front end not diving like a soccer player and the rise in grip height giving me more leverage. Plus tire pressure.  Also its now loud but not so loud that I am an embarrassment. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
1/30/22 12:37 p.m.

Couple more thousand miles on the bike. Added boss bags, upgraded a few touch points.  

may get traded in on a Electra Glide revival this weekend. Borrowed a friends 21 street glide and it's just a better package for not a lot out of pocket for me  

if I don't get the revival I am going to have this one custom painted and add a street glide fairing and have boss make me a bunch of leather accessories for it so I can go all vicla out. May just keep it and get the steeet glide and do that anyway .

riding four or five days a week to cut down on traffic and keep my commute short and it really helps my quality of life not to sit in 9 miles of traffic everyday that sometimes take an hour to get though on bad days  

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RTiIQJLOr0N9yeZgH18cFBu8OHYqcjibZoPy1vjLRMluuxc4167H02Bfa7Uw0V96