1 2 3
Appleseed
Appleseed Reader
4/21/09 6:07 p.m.

Hotrod hasn't featured hot rods since the first flathead was yanked for a small block. Yeah, right.

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Reader
4/21/09 10:56 p.m.

I want a hardtail chopper. If only I had the money.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
4/22/09 1:07 a.m.
Appleseed wrote: Hotrod hasn't featured hot rods since the first flathead was yanked for a small block. Yeah, right.

Nothing wrong with a smallblock. Nailheads are much cooler though.

Muscle cars aren't Hotrods, plain and simple. Two completely different things.

Keep hotrods pre 1963 and muscle cars after that.

Lets face it, Car Craft = Chevy Craft

Hot Rod = Car Craft II

Shawn

minimac
minimac Dork
4/26/09 1:37 p.m.

Bar hoppers only. That's why so many of them are trailered somewhere close by, then driven in to show off. Usually a variation of the "big Toy- little Penis" thing.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
4/26/09 3:43 p.m.

what the $&%* did you just say about my bike?

[while parking trailer] "honey, did you remember to bring my leather vest? I gotta change out of this stupid suit before I go into this bar...and please go drop the ramps on the back of the trailer so I can get my ZOMG BADASSEST chopper EVAR off my trailer and hide my Toureg before anyone sees me"[/trailer is parked]

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
4/26/09 3:53 p.m.

Ha. Didn't Sturgis used to be about bikes and bikers? Until it morphed into, well, what ever the hell it is.

I feel sorry for the dudes who were there from the beginning.

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
4/26/09 3:57 p.m.

I'll used Grey Baskerville's definition of a hotrod;" any car that's modified for speed or looks." If that's good enough for your Ol' Dad, it's good enough for me.

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
4/26/09 4:36 p.m.

I like the "mild chopper" treatment when done to older UJMs. I have a GS650G that would be interesting like that.

aircooled
aircooled SuperDork
4/27/09 12:22 p.m.

Hot Rod is to Hot Rods

is what

Stock Cars are to Stock Cars

are what

Choppers are to Choppers

Wally
Wally SuperDork
4/27/09 3:12 p.m.
minimac wrote: Bar hoppers only. That's why so many of them are trailered somewhere close by, then driven in to show off. Usually a variation of the "big Toy- little Penis" thing.

People keep talking about this big toy little-penis thing, but not once has a woman approched me on my moped, or my Cavalier for that matter.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
4/27/09 8:00 p.m.
914Driver wrote:
aircooled wrote:

It just looks like it would be hard to turn quickly.....

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury HalfDork
4/28/09 8:56 a.m.
pete240z wrote:
914Driver wrote:
aircooled wrote:
It just looks like it would be hard to turn quickly.....

or at all

2002maniac
2002maniac New Reader
4/28/09 1:58 p.m.
96DXCivic wrote: I want a hardtail chopper. If only I had the money.

Money!? C'mon man, this is berkley'in GRM. We don't need no stinkin money!

Build your own!

ManofFewWords
ManofFewWords Reader
4/28/09 9:01 p.m.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/1143244706.html

real chopper

psteav
psteav Reader
4/29/09 2:07 p.m.
ManofFewWords wrote: http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/1143244706.html real chopper

I think I'd place that in the bobber camp, myself. But still really cool.

Cotton
Cotton Reader
4/29/09 2:55 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Hotrod hasn't featured hot rods since the first flathead was yanked for a small block. Yeah, right.
Nothing wrong with a smallblock. Nailheads are much cooler though. Muscle cars aren't Hotrods, plain and simple. Two completely different things. Keep hotrods pre 1963 and muscle cars after that. Lets face it, Car Craft = Chevy Craft Hot Rod = Car Craft II Shawn

Car Craft is getting ready to hang a turbo off a Pontiac 400....I think they are starting the build in the next issue. I can't wait for it as I have some extra Pontiac 400s. Probably an article you'll be interested in as well.

Xceler8x
Xceler8x Dork
4/30/09 10:03 a.m.
ManofFewWords wrote: http://hartford.craigslist.org/mcy/1143244706.html real chopper

Yeah. That's one of the images I get in my head when I think of chopper. Raked front, white walls, etc.

I was thinking a Bobber is more like what Indian Larry used to build. Like this one:

psteav
psteav Reader
4/30/09 10:57 a.m.

Bobbners, to me anyway, give the impression that someone pulled off everything that wasn't necessary to make the bike faster, and that the person who built it spent more time than money. Usually the frame geometry is stock (or looks stock), maybe hardtailed, but no raked fork. I realize that on a harley, there's really no such thing as "cheap".

By contrast, visualizing a chopper, I see something with a raked and extended front fork, tons of chrome and super fancy paintwork...a complete peacock of a bike. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It doesn't necessarily have to be unrideable or a one-off, fourteen-foot long monster covered in billet parts (a la OCC).

The picture above, I guess it straddles the line.

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
4/30/09 7:21 p.m.

Chopper or bobber, no body messes with Indian Larry.

BAMF
BAMF New Reader
4/30/09 10:21 p.m.
Appleseed wrote: Chopper or bobber, no body messes with Indian Larry.

Except the asphalt.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
4/30/09 10:57 p.m.
Cotton wrote: Car Craft is getting ready to hang a turbo off a Pontiac 400....I think they are starting the build in the next issue. I can't wait for it as I have some extra Pontiac 400s. Probably an article you'll be interested in as well.

Cool..

Too bad the boys from H-O performance AND DKM performance beat them to it by about 30 years.

http://www.originalho.com/TurboForce.html

http://www.78ta.com/macho.htm

Butler racing built a twin-turbo, injected 455 on alky to test out their new, aftermarket block.

Last article I read said 1300+ hp and it was boiling the water in the brake on the dyno.

Shawn

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro Reader
4/30/09 10:57 p.m.
BAMF wrote:
Except the asphalt.

Oh... dude...

Shawn

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
5/1/09 7:07 a.m.
BAMF wrote:
Except the asphalt.

That's just wrong.

Appleseed
Appleseed HalfDork
5/1/09 1:09 p.m.

Last I looked, I never addressed asphalt as a person.

minimac
minimac Dork
5/4/09 8:01 a.m.

Another Darwin Award winner. Metal working talent doesn't translate well into common sense.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DV16WayYpHjW75sGTdgq2dtZnRwx2UcEsP2Zc3fOWhXv9aE2iyw2H5wZWXxUaH7V