1 2 3
Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
2/25/14 7:07 a.m.

You would think that with all the go-fast HP junkies around here, that a motorcycle would be a natural evolution. All the car guys want less weight and more power, don't like the "nannies" that hinder the driving experiance, But they also can't talk about all of the above without mentioning in whatever "what car " thread you happen to click on "must get 20mpg or better". Now people moving taken out of the equation for obvious reasons...... Why not more motorcyclists? Cars guys please chime in

logdog
logdog Dork
2/25/14 7:40 a.m.

Everybody is saving their posts for the new Offroad forum?

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
2/25/14 7:45 a.m.

I'd speculate that there's simply not that many riders and they chat in more bike/ride specific forums.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
2/25/14 8:12 a.m.

Our posts generally reflect the current conditions, which at the moment look like this:

Zomby Woof
Zomby Woof PowerDork
2/25/14 8:16 a.m.

Ding ding.

My bikes are ready to go for the season, and I'm looking at scooters, but it's not a comfy ride with a pile of snow on the ground and -20c temps.

pres589
pres589 UltraDork
2/25/14 8:28 a.m.

In no specific order; too cold to ride / current weather etc, I use a make/model specific forum for some purposes, and ADVRider.com for everything else.

If I take a big moto trip this summer as I'm planning on doing, I'll post a ride report to Sprockets, but for now I have no purpose for that subforum.

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/25/14 8:39 a.m.

Partly winter (as mentioned) and partly as most of the fun stuff about bikes involves being on them, not talking about them.

I can do a quick product preview if the world is ready?

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
2/25/14 8:45 a.m.

Worst winter in 20 years. More snow than ever. Too many other projects in the way. I think that about covers it.

fritzsch
fritzsch Dork
2/25/14 10:10 a.m.

Best winter in many years. More snow than ever. But of course that means no riding. I did buy a headlight though so I can remove my fairing once it is warm.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
2/25/14 10:13 a.m.

I've mostly been riding these on Saturday cruises since December. Plus... I need to buy a bike. So... yeah... there is that.

stroker
stroker Dork
2/25/14 10:53 a.m.

Surprising how few ATV guys there seem to be here...

singleslammer
singleslammer Dork
2/25/14 11:17 a.m.

Thats cause ATVs Suck! Too dangerous for this guy

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
2/25/14 12:01 p.m.

I try to keep active in here, but I am completely disinterested in Mopeds, quads, single speed pedal bikes, and harleys.....

foxtrapper
foxtrapper PowerDork
2/25/14 12:15 p.m.

Oh fine, I've got an ATV. Wouldn't start last time I tried. Battery is probably dead by now.

lightitup
lightitup New Reader
2/25/14 1:13 p.m.

i got in a really bad atv crash last july so i try and stay away from them now. but i should be able to start riding in the next week or so when i get my bike back. so i will post about it if u like

4eyes
4eyes Dork
2/26/14 12:20 a.m.

I've been on GRM hiatus for quite a while.

What time online I have had, has been split between DoTheTon and ADVrider. The Ride Reports section at ADV is a great way to loose track of a month or two of frozen bliss.

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
2/26/14 7:57 a.m.

I love ADV rider as much as the next guy, But I would love to see this forum get more active. I don't any grass roots things to my bikes, and my bikes are too expensive to fall in the grassroots folder. So everyone else needs to get to work lol

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
2/26/14 10:47 a.m.

In reply to Blitzed306:

My zx10 was just barely over challenge budget.....

chaparral
chaparral HalfDork
3/2/14 5:26 p.m.

Michigan is still being railed by the coldest, harshest winter in years. I'm not even going to think about riding a pedal cycle until it's at least thirty degrees warmer.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
3/2/14 7:52 p.m.

We are all suffering PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) here in the midwest. Sadly, I haven't ridden in nearly 4 months due to excessive ice here. The cold doesn't bother me, the lack of traction does.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork

We are all suffering PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) here in the midwest. Sadly, I haven't ridden in nearly 4 months due to excessive ice here. The cold doesn't bother me, the lack of traction does.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork

Apis_Mellifera
Apis_Mellifera Reader
3/2/14 8:55 p.m.

I'm building this:

to put in this:

EvanB
EvanB PowerDork
3/2/14 9:05 p.m.

In reply to Apis_Mellifera:

And where is the build thread?

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 Reader
3/4/14 11:46 a.m.
yamaha wrote: In reply to Blitzed306: My zx10 was just barely over challenge budget.....

I'm really weird about used motorcycles, For my daily rider I won't have a used bike. For a weekend play toy I would be ok with it. But the Z1000 is my DD

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iOjSWJc8K46xxDTTdX6SMlN5mpNl9gZsD9v7ojfx6JMb7omEGrMlvzJW4MpXgpp4