Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
3/1/19 5:21 p.m.

I’ve been to twenty Indy 500’s.  I started in 1977 and enjoyed every one of them.  My dad worked as a fireman and I’ve gone as a party animal then took my family, dad, brothers, sister, in-laws, girlfriend.  All have gone but the 16 year old Korean daughter.  .  

In 1983 there was so much partying and shenanigans that year I really didn’t see the race......(General Admission tickets are cheap for a reason).  

Last night two tickets were purchased after she agreed to go.  

Who will I see there?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/1/19 7:17 p.m.

Ditka driving the Bears bus?

Wally
Wally MegaDork
3/1/19 7:20 p.m.

No such luck.  It remains something I want to take my father too but can’t get out of work.

Grantmiterko
Grantmiterko New Reader
3/1/19 7:44 p.m.

I stopped going after the whole split and spec engine stuff but thinking of taking my boys down since it’s only 2 hours away.  Waiting to see how they do at mid ohio first 

mtn
mtn MegaDork
3/1/19 9:14 p.m.

Put me down as a definite “maybe”. If I’m not fishing in the UP or Canada I’ll be there. 

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
3/2/19 2:26 p.m.

I want to go, but I don't have any plans yet. 

Last year was my first time. My friend John had two tickets and asked if I would fly to the race in his Cessna 172. We took the back seat out and loaded our bicycles. We landed at Eagle Creek about 0930 and rode the 5 or 6 miles to the track. We put the bikes in a valet bike lot at a brewery and walked 3 or 4 blocks to the track. We had a great time and may do it again.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zHx7a5XCg14GNJGRfyEzsPhIIZYPGrnYXlUw0Est8gU6vS52emU7lHMDW27uEOFK