1 2 3 4
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/9/19 7:50 p.m.

I am tempted to get in on this- I have the design ability. I do not however, have a cutter, and I am EXCEPTIONALLY lazy right now. Though I may need to pay one of you with a cutter to do a project for me at some point. 

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/10/19 1:17 p.m.

And I'm sending is a stack of GRM stickers. 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
7/10/19 1:36 p.m.

Count me in!

David S. Wallens
7/10/19 3:53 p.m.
logdog said:

Count me in!

Cool. 

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
7/10/19 8:15 p.m.
RevRico said:
...if the hive leans one way or the other with this, we can go with majority rules?

Absolutely.  I honestly have no preference, just wanted to be sure I was doing what was expected.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
7/10/19 9:30 p.m.

I'd say 5 different designs. 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
7/10/19 11:23 p.m.

It went both ways last time, some had multiples of the same design most had multiple designs.  Most people also had way more than 5 in their stack if they had a cutter.  If I get my cutter up and running (this might just push me to do so) I'll jump in but I'm a solid maybe right now.

The only thing I will add from the logisitics end is I ended up waiting for more to come in because some got them out later than others and the mail takes longer from some places. This in my mind left people waiting for their return mailing longer than they should have.  I would suggest waiting a week after the mailing date and if they come in after that then either do a round 2 or talk to whomever sent them about what to do. The only other issue I had was some of them took more postage because I got way more than 5 per person and divided them up evenly causing some of them to be stuffed beyond normal postage limits. Also for the participants please remember to write your screenname on the back of them to make it easier to sort them out.

failboat
failboat UberDork
7/11/19 7:36 a.m.

Im in. 

I cant cut any stickers myself but I have a few piles of them in the garage.

Sonic
Sonic UltraDork
7/11/19 11:17 a.m.

I’m in.  I have no cutter but plenty of stickers and this was fun last time. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
7/11/19 2:11 p.m.

I have 5 cool stickers to share.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
7/11/19 2:57 p.m.

So I have gotten some questions about envelopes and sticker sizes. Last year, the exchange was done in standard business sized envelopes. Myself, and a few others, have stickers that don't quite fit those constraints. 

In my attempt to be as flexible as possible, I'm going to say if you have bigger stickers you want to use, send them with an SASE in a manila envelope instead, and I'll mix the big among the big.

I don't know the best priced way to go about that. I can tell you that a 12 inch by 12 inch square of vinyl on backing paper weighs 24 grams, just under an ounce, so any envelope should be well within First Class shipping prices weight wise. 

That's entirely optional though, I'm just trying to include as many forum members as I can.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin UltimaDork
7/11/19 3:07 p.m.

FYI, this is what I used last year for business envelope:

Also, for those of you cutting stickers, a business envelope is 4.125 x 9.500.  I recommend offsetting that limit inward by .15 to 3.825 x 9.200.  

IIRC even that could get a little tight when cramming 5 in the same envelope. 

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
7/11/19 3:12 p.m.

In reply to RevRico :

Go big or go home!

I'll be sending larger stickers in a manila sized envelope.  Doing the USPS calculator, a "large envelope" that isn't rigid cardboard will need $1.60 in postage.  Rigid envelopes are more like $4.

A Priority Mail envelope and a return label would be an easy way to go.  $7 each way.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/11/19 5:20 p.m.

I might "accidentally" send Rev $10 for shipping and peripheral BS.

Also, Rev, PMs don't work with me. Never have. But I can send once someone contacts me. I have a design ready. I want you to have it as soon as possible in case there are issues. 

E-mail me at k4rt80y at yahoo.com.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
7/11/19 6:11 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

Just saw this post, you have mail.

ShawnG
ShawnG PowerDork
7/13/19 9:07 p.m.

Put 5 stickers in the mail this morning from my address in Lynden, WA.

Also included a SASE for you.

Figured it would be easier than sending them from / to Canadia.

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
7/17/19 10:11 a.m.

Just bumping this for the weekday crowd. Word is a few envelopes should be arriving here in the next couple days.

If anyone is needing things cut, I finally got my machine being consistent, send me a jpg and size, and I'll handle the rest.

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
7/17/19 10:57 a.m.

I should have my cutter end of next week if anybody else needs an assist.

David S. Wallens
7/17/19 11:59 a.m.

Doh, I need to send in my stickers. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
7/17/19 12:46 p.m.

I will get mine out today.

TVR Scott
TVR Scott HalfDork
7/17/19 2:18 p.m.

In the mail!

failboat
failboat UberDork
7/17/19 6:29 p.m.

I have an envelope in the garage, need to get it sent out. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
7/18/19 9:34 a.m.

They are on the way. 

logdog
logdog UltraDork
7/18/19 10:50 a.m.

I just dropped mine off at the post office. 

Since you are all the way on the other side of the state I'm sure they will arrive in the next 4-6 weeks.  laugh

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
7/18/19 12:30 p.m.
JohnInKansas said:

I should have my cutter end of next week if anybody else needs an assist.

This is about the same timeline I’m on, ordering a cutter tomorrow.  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BhZYhCU6NDAZzX9ycgqVrlU0Yxxwd37Rb2diTFQi1sXVBEHZt7pLXLbik9VJTPUR