3 4 5 6 7
Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
12/16/21 8:17 p.m.

I watched the Ravens/Browns in Cleveland and the fans in person got real quiet at the end. How do you know an onside kick is coming and mess it up?

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
12/16/21 9:03 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Gotta agree that you’re giving the Lions and Jets a run for the money in the dumpster fire category.  But a good first step today in losing Meyer and you’ve got a lot of potential in Trevor Lawrence if you can keep him from getting killed. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/19/21 4:15 p.m.

It's official, we're now the worst team in the NFL. I think I might become a Lion's fan now. At least they're getting better. 

stroker
stroker UberDork
12/29/21 4:33 p.m.

Man, this Omicron wave may throw the playoffs into complete chaos at the rate things are going...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/29/21 4:46 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

The World Jr Hockey Championship was just canceled this morning.  So yea.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/29/21 6:46 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

Definitely possible.  I doubt anyone really wants a repeat of the Saints/Dolphins game.  Two 7-7 teams both playing for a playoff spot should have been a good game, but instead the Saints practically had to play with one hand tied.  While Book did his best and made some plays, it was still too much to ask. 

stroker
stroker UberDork
12/31/21 5:14 p.m.

And just like that, Kirk Cousins is out of the game at Green Bay on Sunday night...  Aaron Rodgers better be living in a berkleying plastic bubble....

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
12/31/21 5:40 p.m.

In reply to stroker :

From what I understand, he will be out next week, too.  Unvaccinated, testing positive, and showing symptoms means the required time off is longer.

stroker
stroker UberDork
12/31/21 5:52 p.m.
alfadriver said:

In reply to stroker :

From what I understand, he will be out next week, too.  Unvaccinated, testing positive, and showing symptoms means the required time off is longer.

At this point, ya gotta wonder if it's worth risking injury to him for the last two games of the year, but that decision has been taken out of their hands, now...

stroker
stroker UberDork
1/3/22 10:59 a.m.

Okay, you're the owner of the Jags.  Who do you hire as HC?  I'm thinking Zimmer....

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/3/22 11:25 a.m.

In reply to stroker :

Easy- Jim Caldwell.  The last coach who took the Lions to the playoffs.  The year later after he was fired for not winning that playoff game, they sucked, bad.  He's a great coach, especially for teams that lack talent.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
1/3/22 12:53 p.m.

Well the Browns are eliminated from the playoffs, time to do what they have done in the past 20 years except for the 2 years they went to the playoffs. Maybe they will keep the coach, although 2 years is a long time in Browns Head Coaches.

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) UberDork
1/3/22 1:09 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

I will take this season over 2017.  At least they were not eliminated by early October.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/3/22 1:44 p.m.
stroker said:

Okay, you're the owner of the Jags.  Who do you hire as HC?  I'm thinking Zimmer....

I think Leftwich is a decent candidate personally

stroker
stroker UberDork
1/5/22 11:11 a.m.

Rumor is that some playoff-bound team is interested in Antonio Brown.

Speculation as to who that might be...?

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
1/5/22 12:34 p.m.
stroker said:

Going off past history he'll hire someone that won't do well because Jacksonville is where NFL coaches go to die.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
1/5/22 7:28 p.m.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/6/22 7:48 a.m.
stroker said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles picked up the remainder of his 2021/22 contract. They could use some additional receiver options going into the playoffs. While I don't think he would make much of an impact actually catching balls, he would be someone opposing defenses would need to account for, which could free up their other receivers.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/6/22 9:19 a.m.
Ian F (Forum Supporter) said:
stroker said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles picked up the remainder of his 2021/22 contract. They could use some additional receiver options going into the playoffs. While I don't think he would make much of an impact actually catching balls, he would be someone opposing defenses would need to account for, which could free up their other receivers.

Sounds like he just had ankle surgery, so he's done for the season, at least.

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
1/10/22 2:24 a.m.

RAIDERSSSSS !!!!!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist, it's been awhile... :)

Noddaz
Noddaz UberDork
1/10/22 8:50 a.m.

And the Steelers get one more week.  

Whatever.frown

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/10/22 8:52 a.m.

As for my Lions....

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/10/22 9:16 a.m.
Pushrod said:

RAIDERSSSSS !!!!!!!! Sorry, couldn't resist, it's been awhile... :)

You would think that the immaculate reception hangover would still be going on, and a tie would be better than letting the Steelers into the playoffs.  Big Ben in his last playoffs will be a much bigger story for the week than the Raiders.

Pushrod
Pushrod Reader
1/11/22 12:29 p.m.

In reply to alfadriver :

Who the hell plays for a tie?

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
1/11/22 3:10 p.m.
Pushrod said:

In reply to alfadriver :

Who the hell plays for a tie?

Someone who hates the Steelers.  Like the Raiders were supposed to.

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3uYz68T8UVKCbvwJuO8gNSRQzCkgpMZzb409w3K84IWetph0F3GFTBz29kEZ1xg0