Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/28/17 7:44 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
11/28/17 7:50 a.m.

I really like this part:  

(You might ask yourself why so much money well where else are you going to find that car and do the math on how much it cost to install those parts and can you even get those parts ,also how much the car cost and labor and taxes now if you don't have the money to buy it ... thanks for looking please refrain from inappropriate communications )

Duke
Duke MegaDork
11/28/17 8:00 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Yeah, somebody needs to explain the whole "mods are worth 20¢ on the dollar" concept to him.

Not to mention that thing is fugly.

NickD
NickD UltraDork
11/28/17 8:02 a.m.
Duke said:

Not to mention that thing is fugly.

Having seen a couple in person in different colors, yeah, they are hateful looking. When even Focus RS owners say that a car is "juvenile-looking", you've gone too far. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/28/17 8:04 a.m.

I'm pretty sure you could buy a new Civic R and the parts he put on it, and fly in a celebrity tuner from Japan to put them on so you can get your car featured in Speedhunters, for less money than that.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 UltraDork
11/28/17 8:11 a.m.

Even without the vampire-clown-zombie (not sure what it is?) wrap, that's one fuggly ass car, zombies aren't doing it any favors.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
11/28/17 8:14 a.m.

It may be fugly as berkeley with it's zombie skull motif, but it is extra classy with the sticker on the back with the image of a womans' reproductive organs flipping the bird.  I hope cops ticket this douche-nozzle every time he leaves the driveway.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
11/28/17 8:19 a.m.

So this is a $35,000 car with $40,000 worth of skull wrap applied to it?  I thought wraps were a bit cheaper than that, especially ugly ones.  

CJ
CJ New Reader
11/28/17 8:29 a.m.

I grew up in Humboldt County (it's in California, not Oregon).  It's in the center of the Emerald Triangle of Mendocino, Humboldt, and Trinity Counties where the 'best pot in the world' is reportedly grown.

Years ago, there was a huge amount of pot $$ that circulated and the growers would sometimes have some interesting rides... sometimes downright weird.   Although I live a couple of hours north of there now, it's good to see that things haven't changed.

It seems that pot and money still don't necessarily lead to good sense and taste...

JtspellS
JtspellS SuperDork
11/28/17 8:42 a.m.

This is more along the stoner thought processes in my mind.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/28/17 8:48 a.m.

All focal sound system sounds mildly interesting. I like their speakers. Aside from that, it appears to be a weed shop guy eith too much cash. 

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/28/17 8:52 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) said:

It may be fugly as berkeley with it's zombie skull motif, but it is extra classy with the sticker on the back with the image of a womans' reproductive organs flipping the bird.  I hope cops ticket this douche-nozzle every time he leaves the driveway.

You think that's class? I'll show you class. Saw a car with this sticker in giant door decal size a few weeks ago:

thedanimal
thedanimal HalfDork
11/28/17 9:04 a.m.

When something like this rolled in for an appraisal when I appraised cars, I would always try to convey the point that not all modifications are a good thing. You've personalized it completely to your liking and not everyone has your same tastes. Personally, I think it's Fugly, I don't understand the point of "dipping" all of your plastics in whatever scheme that is. But to each their own, but you'll never recoup that money you've put into, especially the installation costs. This dude must have smoked a trashbag full of weed when he decided this was a good price. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
11/28/17 9:18 a.m.

I am easily confused, I guess.  2200 miles on a basically new car, add a whole whack of dubious modifications, obviously to your personal taste, then sell the car for full retail plus full retail on the modifications, plus taxes. 

What exactly was the point of this effort? The greater fool theory, I guess.  I'm not sure there is a greater fool than this guy, so it may not work out for him.

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
11/28/17 9:52 a.m.

I don't think this is an ad for the car, guys. I'm pretty sure this is an ad for the 'inspiration'.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun UltraDork
11/28/17 11:00 a.m.

Aaaand gone. Can't imagine it sold...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LIfHRhteEnqZ6lVS9ff1gNJpJKBn9DBWMrjUoP8W6k6r1SMGXRynxjWd68ZzBQrc