2 3 4 5
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
11/20/18 10:25 a.m.

mtn, I’m so sorry to hear this.  You and your family will be in our prayers for sure.  Take care of mrs mtn. 

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
11/20/18 10:35 a.m.

I am so very sorry to hear of your terrible loss.

You are all in my prayers. I don't know what else to say.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle Dork
11/20/18 11:35 a.m.

Heartbreaking news. So sorry for you guys. 

BenB
BenB Reader
11/20/18 12:11 p.m.

My deepest condolences for your loss.

glueguy
glueguy Dork
11/20/18 12:20 p.m.

I would have done it the same, but due to the innocuous title of the post I didn't open it until today.  I am so sorry for you.  Prayers for peace and strength.  We all love you.

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) Reader
11/20/18 12:38 p.m.

I am so, so very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what you and your family are going through. All of you are in our prayers.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog HalfDork
11/21/18 8:50 p.m.

Just wanted to say that you, your family and especially your precious Angel are at the top of my thoughts and prayers.   

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UltraDork
11/21/18 9:16 p.m.

I am deeply sorry to hear this.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
11/21/18 9:50 p.m.

I am so sorry. I wish there were better words to tell you this. I am praying as I type this, hoping that somehow some comfort can be sent and received. 

Margie

MrSmokey
MrSmokey New Reader
11/21/18 9:53 p.m.

cryingno words...

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
11/22/18 2:36 p.m.

Oh man.

cdowd
cdowd Dork
11/22/18 3:00 p.m.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
11/22/18 3:21 p.m.

Oh wow. My heart aches for you and your family. Hold each other close.

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
11/22/18 3:29 p.m.

Very very sorry to hear this. 

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
11/22/18 3:34 p.m.

I'm so sorry for you both, I can't even begin to express my feelings.  If you need to talk or vent or just to have a change of subjects, we're here for you.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/22/18 4:30 p.m.

Mtn.  I'm very sorry to hear this.  My heart is broken.

a friend had this happen and is very active with a group called hope after loss. 

I would encourage you to reach out. http://www.hopeafterloss.org

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/23/18 7:13 p.m.

I don't usually read this forum with tears in my eyes, but I am right now.

I am sorry for your loss and at a loss for words.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
11/26/18 12:55 a.m.

Folks, checking in. I want to thank you for the love and support we have received here and via private message, email, and texts. To answer basically everyone, we’re doing ok considering. We are coping.

To address a few things, lots of people have been asking how to help. Well, here is how: 

1: get all of your vaccinations. Flu shot every year, even if it makes you sick, tdap, everything else. Get it. Our Angela’s heart problem was probably caused by a virus. It was transient, and she was just about in the clear and function restored when the hemorrhage happened. We don’t know what virus, and it is likely that there isn’t a vaccine for it, but everyone needs to get vaccinated. 

2: give blood. Give plasma. 

3: be a donor. Before her function was improving rapidly, we thought she’d need a heart transplant. While it is easy to say for yourself, for a parent it is heart wrenching. Imagine being ready to remove life support, and to be asked if she is a donor. Now you have to wait another 24-48 hours to remove life support as any matches are located, and if they are, then you don’t get to hold your child as they pass. Angela was not a match for anyone, but that was a gut punch we didn’t anticipate. (Her corneas, and probably her skin will be donated)

4: if you want to give to our situation, give to Ronald McDonald House or to Advocate Children’s. Instructions here: https://www.ahlgrim.com/obituary/angela-rose-novak/

5: be excellent to each other. Reach out to your friends and family. We have been overwhelmed, in a good way, by the support. Be there for each other. 

6: hold your kids extra close. Forgive their mistakes. Take lots of pictures, hug them often, and kiss them everyday. 

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
11/26/18 4:41 a.m.

In reply to mtn :

Thank you for sharing your strength with us, your advice is duly noted as are the Charities for year end giving. Peace

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/26/18 8:11 p.m.

I'm heartbroken for you and your family. 

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
11/26/18 8:32 p.m.

Man reading this made me sad. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
11/26/18 9:25 p.m.

Words can't express the emotions I'm feeling right now after reading this... I am so, so sorry. 

You and your family will be in my thoughts. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke SuperDork
11/26/18 9:56 p.m.

I completely missed this until now and can only offer my sincerest condolences. RMH is wonderful and helped provide a much needed open heart surgery for my very good friend's 2 year old daughter. RIP Angela. 

octavious
octavious Dork
11/27/18 8:33 a.m.

I feel for so bad for you and your wife.  We are praying for you.  

Furious_E
Furious_E SuperDork
11/27/18 8:43 a.m.

So sorry mtn. I'll be sure to send something to the RMH this holiday season.

2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UUH0x8JK2h8TcusyRpleDQQSAd7oFM7Ud8Jcv0IRdEF6yFqkffHyIcsoUbTjugjV