2 3 4 5
novaderrik
novaderrik HalfDork
5/18/11 2:00 a.m.

would i get sued if i was to make my own "BECAUSE RACE CAR.org" banner to put on the front spoiler (made out of lawn edging and held to the car with self tapping screws) on my 87 Celebrity? i get more people pointing and laughing at that thing than any other car i've ever owned..

nnnick
nnnick New Reader
5/18/11 1:39 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: would i get sued if i was to make my own "BECAUSE RACE CAR.org" banner to put on the front spoiler (made out of lawn edging and held to the car with self tapping screws) on my 87 Celebrity? i get more people pointing and laughing at that thing than any other car i've ever owned..

I won't sue....go for it and send me a pic!

I like the sticker ideas - I'll look into that. The t-shirts are hella lame, and no one has bought any (except for myself, haha)

neon4891
neon4891 SuperDork
5/18/11 1:56 p.m.

The owner of the Blue "I survived cash4clunkers" jeep needs to be on here.

novaderrik
novaderrik HalfDork
5/18/11 6:43 p.m.

this could turn out to be the ultimate inside joke for the GRM/LeMons/Chumpcar crowd.. and maybe drive traffic from those sites to your site, and from your site to their sites.. i see many possibilities here..

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
5/18/11 9:49 p.m.
novaderrik wrote: this could turn out to be the ultimate inside joke for the GRM/LeMons/Chumpcar crowd.. and maybe drive traffic from those sites to your site, and from your site to their sites.. i see many possibilities here..

I'm still maintaining it would have to be clever to become the ultimate inside joke.

EvanB
EvanB SuperDork
5/18/11 10:01 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:
novaderrik wrote: this could turn out to be the ultimate inside joke for the GRM/LeMons/Chumpcar crowd.. and maybe drive traffic from those sites to your site, and from your site to their sites.. i see many possibilities here..
I'm still maintaining it would have to be clever to become the ultimate inside joke.

It would have to be clever to be a normal inside joke, let alone the ultimate.

novaderrik
novaderrik HalfDork
5/18/11 10:11 p.m.
EvanB wrote:
Osterkraut wrote:
It would have to be clever to be a normal inside joke, let alone the ultimate.

it's uncleverness is what makes it clever.

Grizz
Grizz Reader
5/18/11 10:21 p.m.

Why Rusty?

Because Aspen!

Why Explodey?

Because Pinto!

Actually, I thought of a funny place for a sticker, Put "because british" on the underside of an older Jags hood.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
5/19/11 5:40 a.m.

Why fire?
Because it is Italian

gamby
gamby SuperDork
5/19/11 11:01 a.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

Wouldn't it be "Because Italian"???

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
5/19/11 11:09 a.m.
gamby wrote: In reply to JoeyM: Wouldn't it be "Because Italian"???

I originally wrote it that way, but the grammar made me grit my teeth. I had to go back and edit it.

DuctTape&Bondo
DuctTape&Bondo Reader
5/19/11 11:50 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
I originally wrote it that way, but the grammar made me grit my teeth. I had to go back and edit it.

because schooling?

nnnick
nnnick New Reader
5/19/11 11:51 a.m.

Here I made a new one for you guys, hope you like: http://becauseracecar.org/why/why-bad-grammar-in-because-race-car-meme

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
5/19/11 12:17 p.m.

^^ That is funny. Maybe even partially true.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
5/19/11 1:05 p.m.
Osterkraut wrote:

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
5/19/11 1:05 p.m.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH SuperDork
5/19/11 3:14 p.m.

Well I had some lolz...

Osterkraut
Osterkraut SuperDork
5/19/11 3:56 p.m.
4cylndrfury wrote:

I see your meme and raise you with another:

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
5/19/11 4:34 p.m.
DuctTape&Bondo wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
because schooling?

Let's see how funny poor grammar is when you've been grading essays from college students who are unable to recognize it in their own papers.

EDIT: This youtube comment is fairly representative of a worst case scenario

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=A2nuYyMIVao

ok 2 all u fukin retards/haters out there i would love 2 c u guys try 2 do wat he how the hell r u going to call him an idiot wen i bet u guys are all hating on him just because u guys either cant grasp the concept of how he did it or u do and just are hating because u feel that it was a waste of time which its no ....

annoying textspeak abbreviations, boneheaded spelling ("fuking", "wat", "wen"), and an annoying run on sentence.

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
5/19/11 4:39 p.m.
JoeyM wrote:
DuctTape&Bondo wrote:
JoeyM wrote:
because schooling?
Let's see how funny poor grammar is when you've been grading essays from college students who are unable to recognize it in their own papers.

I have a prof. who misspells stuff in his comments all the time. The crazy thing is he makes his comments in MS word, so he even has access to spell check.

novaderrik
novaderrik Dork
5/23/11 12:00 a.m.

why spend 2 hours making a stencil just to spray paint something stupid on the hood of my Camaro?

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
5/23/11 5:42 a.m.

VikiGreen
VikiGreen New Reader
7/31/17 8:53 a.m.
4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
7/31/17 9:07 a.m.

weirdest canoe setup ever?

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad