6 7 8 9 10
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
6/13/19 5:41 a.m.

Bump because I haven't listened to this album in a while but it's just as glorious as I remembered:  

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
6/15/19 5:27 p.m.

The new Baroness album is quite good:

chandler
chandler PowerDork
6/15/19 7:27 p.m.

I’ve been listening to a lot of demon hunter recently, it popped up on my Blindside pandora channel and has been pretty good!

haiduk
haiduk New Reader
10/2/19 6:27 p.m.

cosmic death /black metal

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy SuperDork
10/2/19 6:50 p.m.
Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/19/19 8:02 p.m.

I laughed way too hard at this.

#1 still makes me laugh, and I saw it when it first aired.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
11/19/19 8:27 p.m.

Instrumentally crazy, and catchy, tech-death:

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
11/19/19 9:22 p.m.

It's loud and fast, and I have had them heavy rotation lately. 

java230
java230 UberDork
11/19/19 10:10 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

That was pretty awesome actually!

Kind of reminds me of this, just because of the awesomeness of the kids, and the vocals.

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/20/19 5:49 a.m.

In reply to java230 :

I saw an O'Keefe foundation cover of a song I liked a while back.

The kids they have are crazy-talented.  Like, how do you get that much skill at that age?  Most people spend the kids' whole lifetime to be half as good.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
11/20/19 6:14 a.m.

Ohhhhh, so glad to see a metal thread on here!  My band is actually getting ready to release our second album.  I just need to finish up the artwork and send it to our label.  Here's us playing a song of ours earlier this year.  We like that fast stuff.  I'm the singer/guitarist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaDECv6OIo

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/20/19 7:35 a.m.
Knurled. said:

In reply to java230 :

I saw an O'Keefe foundation cover of a song I liked a while back.

The kids they have are crazy-talented.  Like, how do you get that much skill at that age?  Most people spend the kids' whole lifetime to be half as good.

I know a guy who went to a similar music school.  Incredibly talented and can basically do anything on a guitar.  I think some of it is growing up in the internet age where kids can sit in front of a computer and get lessons on how to play almost anything that perks their interest.  From a young age, pretty much all he did was play music.  A "tell" is how they often strap the guitar on.  My old bass-player asked "why do these kids all seem to play with the guitar in their armpit?" I answered, "Because they learned to play by sitting in front of a computer for hours on end with the guitar relatively high - when they stand up, they strap the guitar in a similar position.  We basically learned to play standing up."  

Even today, when I practice I tend to play standing up.  

I'll be home over Thanksgiving week and will try to get some guitars photographed and posted for sale here if anyone is interested.  I really need to get the collection paired down a bit.

Also, can someone send me a FB link/invite to the "big" Awesome Cheap Guitars group?  When I search I only seem to see the smaller group (with 1.3K members).

java230
java230 UberDork
11/20/19 8:23 a.m.

In reply to Knurled. :

They have a bunch of good ones honestly. And some seriously crazy talented kids. Its a pretty awesome program, be under 18, apply, and if accepted they will provide the studio, training and instruments. Pretty damn cool.

There is one group that did a few Pantera covers recently that are damn good.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
11/20/19 9:57 a.m.
irish44j said:
Knurled. said:

In reply to irish44j :

Sabaton, or Manowar?  I'd classify both as cheesy to be honest...

Sabaton. Cheesy, but not in a Dragonforce kind of way...

I friggin' love that Dragonforce is a unit of cheesiness, like "on a scale of 1 to Dragonforce, i give the Vornado a six."

David S. Wallens
11/20/19 10:30 a.m.

In reply to java230 :

Cool, glad you enjoyed it. Here's another one--and go see them live. It's a fast, fierce performance.

David S. Wallens
11/20/19 10:36 a.m.

And playing in the office today: early Rush. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
11/20/19 1:00 p.m.
David S. Wallens said:

did you get up at seven, yeah?  and go to work at nine?

i friggin' love their self-titled debut album.

David S. Wallens
11/20/19 5:57 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
David S. Wallens said:

did you get up at seven, yeah?  and go to work at nine?

i friggin' love their self-titled debut album.

That's the only Rush song I can even come close to playing. And it's got the perfect groove. 

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/20/19 6:08 p.m.
Grizz
Grizz UberDork
11/21/19 10:49 a.m.

Mechinas new album is out. Their discography is basically a scifi novel as metal albums and it's great E36 M3.

David S. Wallens
11/21/19 12:39 p.m.
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
11/21/19 12:54 p.m.
infinitenexus said:

Ohhhhh, so glad to see a metal thread on here!  My band is actually getting ready to release our second album.  I just need to finish up the artwork and send it to our label.  Here's us playing a song of ours earlier this year.  We like that fast stuff.  I'm the singer/guitarist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaDECv6OIo

goddamn now i wanna berkeleying suplex somebody!   definitely should not listen to this at work!

Knurled.
Knurled. MegaDork
11/22/19 6:17 p.m.
JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/10/19 11:46 p.m.

Lo-fi indie meets black metal, with fretless bass and guitar, and no click track:

David S. Wallens
12/11/19 7:43 a.m.

The other night I saw Grammy-nominated Death Angel. When he mentioned the nomination, the place erupted: Grammy! Grammy! Grammy!

Then he added that, no matter what you think about the Grammys, they got the nomination by delivering classic Bay Area thrash metal so just the nomination is a win for all of us. 

6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2LvVOlFJU4xsqTcwUUpiCWBznzBM5y3tS3GnXFxhBCATtWBzPNPQMo9FjBRXmRHp