Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
12/11/19 9:15 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

I just missed them when they passed through up here a few weeks ago with Exmortus (another EXCELLENT band). The new album might just be their best.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/11/19 1:14 p.m.

In reply to JamesMcD :

That might be one of the most unique - and slightly disturbing - things I’ve every heard. 

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
12/11/19 2:33 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
infinitenexus said:

Ohhhhh, so glad to see a metal thread on here!  My band is actually getting ready to release our second album.  I just need to finish up the artwork and send it to our label.  Here's us playing a song of ours earlier this year.  We like that fast stuff.  I'm the singer/guitarist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEaDECv6OIo

goddamn now i wanna berkeleying suplex somebody!   definitely should not listen to this at work!

Thank you!  A lot of our stuff is pretty sociopolitical but this song is just from the point of view of the supermutants from the Fallout games, hunting and killing the dumb humans.  It's a lot of fun.

JamesMcD
JamesMcD SuperDork
12/11/19 5:12 p.m.
Pete Gossett said:

In reply to JamesMcD :

That might be one of the most unique - and slightly disturbing - things I’ve every heard. 

Good! 

I think?

paranoid_android
paranoid_android UberDork
1/7/20 8:41 a.m.

I've been digging on these guys lately, they popped up on a Periphery channel:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
2/20/20 5:53 a.m.

Bumping this because it probably wouldn't be appreciated in the regular "what are you listening to?" thread.  The latest album from Cattle Decapitation is incredibly gnarly:

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
2/20/20 8:16 a.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

I wasn't really a big fan of theirs, but this new album RIPS. I like them just fine now! 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/20/20 8:25 a.m.

In reply to Tony Sestito :

Agreed, this is badass!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/22/20 9:32 p.m.
Bjorn 1349
Bjorn 1349 New Reader
5/22/20 11:40 p.m.

MY PEOPLE! HAIL!!!!

Whats up dudes. Yes! Love it, metal threads are great for finding new jams. I'll just post up a couple. Goatwhore and Power Trip!

Admittedly a band I avoided cause I thought they had a silly name:

Goatwhore - Baring teeth for revolt

Seriously give it a minute to kick in. New thrash gods....

Power Trip  - Executioners Tax

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/23/20 9:44 a.m.

Some of these cats are taking spiked wristbands to a whole new level.

topazann
topazann New Spammer
5/23/20 1:16 p.m.

Like metal. More technical metal activates me and avant garde metal inspires thoughts when I need to create.

Dood. Opeth. [Canoeing Park] is my favorite album but they have so many great ones.

TasdevEngineer2of3
TasdevEngineer2of3 New Reader
5/24/20 10:34 p.m.

Bile Suck Pump??

Metal? - dont know but a brother in law mentioned it years ago and the name stuck with me.

dxman92
dxman92 HalfDork
5/25/20 7:59 a.m.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5pncni-ZB2s

Pantera covering Cat Scratch Fever.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus HalfDork
5/27/20 8:24 a.m.

Oh hey speaking of metal, my band just released a new album!  Death/thrash, like if Carcass tried to play 1980s Metallica:

https://ashesofmankind.bandcamp.com/album/blistered-earth

5/27/20 9:42 a.m.

In reply to infinitenexus :

bought it!

infinitenexus
infinitenexus HalfDork
5/27/20 11:23 a.m.

Thank you so much!

5/27/20 11:37 a.m.
infinitenexus said:

Oh hey speaking of metal, my band just released a new album!  Death/thrash, like if Carcass tried to play 1980s Metallica:

https://ashesofmankind.bandcamp.com/album/blistered-earth

Here's my review:

berkeley yes! Makes me want to come in off the top rope and berkeleying flatten someone! Buy it! Buy it now!

infinitenexus
infinitenexus HalfDork
5/27/20 12:33 p.m.

Now thas what I'm talking about

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/4/20 10:03 p.m.

In the mood for some Overkill.  Well, there's always no kill like overkill, but this time I am talking about metal and not automotive engineering.

Featuring two riffs that totally were not from Master of Puppets even though the album liner notes say "Thanks Jaymz!"

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/4/20 10:10 p.m.

The rallycrossin' RX-7, colored Evil Black, is the embodiment of "Evil Never Dies".

It is also perpetually getting damaged, as if that were its business... and business is good.

Or you could just skip to 3:14 to get to the best bridge in metal, perhaps of music in general, of all time.  ALL TIME.

barefootskater
barefootskater SuperDork
6/4/20 10:35 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Back when I could actually play my band used to cover Damage Inc. It never failed to get the crowd going. Hard hitting tune, that. 

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
6/5/20 7:45 a.m.

I've been spending a lot of time exploring on Bandcamp.com lately looking for new stuff. A few days back, I found these guys: Lesser Glow

They are from Boston (yeah!) and they are as heavy/sludgy as BERK. Highly recommended.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/16/20 8:12 p.m.

Simon Whistler, or one of his writers, is a metalhead.

All but two of the title cards are lyrics from Sabaton's "Soldier of Three Armies".

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
6/16/20 8:17 p.m.

This is nothing new, though.  The first part of this video contains many lyrics from Raining Blood, spoken in a smooth, deadpan English accent

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AC0iSuBu2VOKcGCZlzEapChpvXpXQDwbFYtBL20mrwzY46sDL2YPkfeZJC4GlDwe