1 2
1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
7/15/19 6:37 p.m.
frenchyd said:
1988RedT2 said:

I'm pushing 60 and darn near in the best shape of my life.  Having kids late in life will either kill you or keep you in shape.  This bit of advice:  once you get past 40, you'd best be engaging in some sort of regular fitness regimen.  Have a plan.  When you get out of shape as you get older, you don't get back into shape as quickly, and you're more prone to injury.

I will bike until the day I kick the bucket.  And I don't go at a relaxed pace.  I attack hills and time every workout.  Also, bodyweight exercises.  Currently a member at the Y, and lifting weights three times a week, but we'll see if I keep that up.

If you don't use it, you'll lose it!  Get off the couch, blow up the TV, and throw away the potato chips!

Frankly I don’t do pretend work, Any energy I have I want to produce something,  do something.  Actual work.  

And that's awesome. 

iceracer
iceracer UltimaDork
7/15/19 6:47 p.m.

From the internet.

"The idea is to die young, as late as possible. "

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
7/15/19 7:06 p.m.

just Turned 68 a Couple weeks ago.....  2.5 Projects Left and that May Be It.

But Sittin Dreamin ain't gonna cut it. those should get me to about 72 Y.O. Or 4-5 years .

after Losing Pat This Soon my A** Is Going down Swinging ,    Mr. Thomas

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
7/15/19 7:19 p.m.

I have a very good friend that fell off a ladder 20 feet off the ground trying to hang a steel beam at 75 years old.  I regularly shame men half my age with my work ethic. When they give me a hard time I kicked a boot off  and told them to walk in my shoes edited for the googles superior abilityes

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
7/15/19 7:23 p.m.

As a young man I was a competitive runner and swimmer.  A paratrooper and a collegiate cheerleader.   I’m very aware of what my body was capable of and what it’s capable of now at 48.  I’m still strong but yeah, the endurance isn’t what it once was.  Recovery time is the worst though.

In my 20’s I swear you could watch me heal from cuts and scrapes.  Now a cut means a week of healing.  

And the eyes!  Having to keep “readers” around for so many things is totally irritating.

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
7/15/19 7:52 p.m.
iceracer said:

From the internet.

"The idea is to die young, as late as possible. "

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9KC0I8IbVpylf56FkcInehVrYwO3x1E5TgpM5kdQCLGiyhhiJ0z8R9Ebjm7nnV9Z