Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/8/21 4:42 p.m.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/8/21 10:31 p.m.

I love English Bulldogs. My wife used to watch one in high school and college. Wonderfully sweet companions. 

I also think they're a dog that should be illegal to continue to breed. They've been bred to die early painful deaths. They can't even give birth naturally. 

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/9/21 12:16 a.m.

Ugh, yeah.  My FIL ended up with one after his second wife's son ditched his "pure bred" to run off to Spain with some girl. Dog was cool, but previous owner nearly starved it.  FIL took really good care of it and loved that damned dog.

Unfortunately that damned dog has now passed on, so he's looking at paying $5k for another one instead of looking at the pound (lots of pits, duh, keep looking dumbass) or other sources (random litters on CL or FB).

Meanwhile one of his granddaughters wants to go to a Montessori school, but her parents aren't sure where the money is going to come from (it's about $8k/year and he's said in the past that when it comes to school ask and he'll help.).

So yeah you have $5k for an artificially inseminated puppy because they've been bred so poorly that they can't even perform the act naturally, but when we ask about her school?  Effing crickets.

so yeah, screw English bulldogs.  Seriously.

this rant brought to you by the words alcohol and repression.

I mean, thanks for watching the kids once a week so the wife can work enough to swing health care for us all, plus taking us to the airport, etc. but one of their other grandparents actually puts $100/month towards her college and you agreed that you'd take care of everything else.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NCisxgKA57RiY9p9cFhbKc6T1aYCu4GLEwzuHaXGhC9CDHwswwXwaQwCiDpCKT9U