RossD
RossD SuperDork
9/21/11 3:19 p.m.

A fellow car nut here at work showed me this link:

Linky said: I have an 83 Model 33 Sportwagon sell out for $2500. Unfortunately someone beat a few dents into the hood and fender with a ball-peen hammer for me but I have a spare hood and fender. The car was imported by me in 2009 from Germany,I have driven it daily since then. It has a 1.5L Boxer motor with dual Delorto 33's on it. The carbs have been rebuilt and seem to be working fine for the last 7500 miles. I have not seen another one of these cars in the USA, I have seen a couple of sedans but no wagons. It has new tires, KYB shocks and springs, new front rotors and pads, a new clutch (in the box) and runs fine. It ahs the typical Alfa crunch when you go hard from 1st to 2nd but I don;t do that since the massive 105 HP will tear the car apart. The price is low because it will need to have some body work but like i said I have all the parts. I shipped an extra set of doors, a hood and both front fenders with the car. I also have three boxes of misc parts like wiper motors, brake boosters etc that will go with it. There is no need to trailer this car anywhere, it can be driven if need be, I drove it to Florida last year from Shreveport with no problems. Shoot me an e-mail if you have any questions. Cheers, Wendell

I've never even heard of this car before... it's like a Subaru and an Alfa got drunk and jiggy with it.

slefain
slefain SuperDork
9/21/11 3:22 p.m.

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit SuperDork
9/21/11 3:41 p.m.

I would rock that.

Jay
Jay SuperDork
9/21/11 3:52 p.m.

Those things don't have a stellar reputation in Europe... Cheap little Italian box from probably the worst era of Italian reliability. That said, I don't think they're particularly bad cars especially in that context. the boxer engine is unique and pretty robust. I like 'em. I'll take a 1.7 QV (Quattro valve, i.e. 16V.) They were available with AWD too.

You could get a lot of 33 for $2500 in Europe, but those prices don't really translate across the ocean.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim SuperDork
9/21/11 3:52 p.m.

They're rather practical and are a nice drive. A little bit like an oversized Alfasud with a backpack...

That said, there seem to be a couple of bits missing in the engine bay, like the air cleaner...

integraguy
integraguy SuperDork
9/21/11 4:59 p.m.

An Alfa 33 is....sort of, similar to an AlfaSud in the way a 1970 Camaro SS is to any old V8 powered 1980 Camaro. Very similar, tho it's pretty much all in the drivetrain, and it makes you wish you could have the OLDER model.

Folks that have driven both the 33 and 'Sud VASTLY prefer the 'Sud.

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo Reader
9/21/11 10:22 p.m.
Rusted_Busted_Spit wrote: I would rock that.

HARD

mad_machine
mad_machine SuperDork
9/21/11 11:43 p.m.

I would take a Sud in a heartbeat

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZdhRvpriqmox7kNwi4ytMZL5BmhSfwqgn7AJuM4bZaF0j4mRPR3NACYl1qBONUb1