1 2 3
m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
9/22/20 5:22 p.m.

Almost 9.5 years ago I posted here about issues in my then almost 10 year old marriage...

Today, Sept 22, 2020, my divorce is final.   

Been separated for more than 2 years (should have been 9.5) and have had many great experiences around the world since then and now live with a really great girl with the same goals as me.

Today is an absolutely wonderful day.

Also, I didn't lose much.  $400/mo for 21 months, my only minor kid lives with me, she keeps one car, I keep my Series 100 Land Cruiser, 3 motorcycles, GMC motorhome (super derelict), and stay in the house we rented.

Great day, today is 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
9/22/20 5:24 p.m.

Congrats! 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
9/22/20 5:25 p.m.

In reply to m4ff3w :

The day my divorce was finalized it was like a great weight lifted off me.  Congrats on making your life better.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
9/22/20 5:45 p.m.

I let mine drag on too long, as well.  

My late 40's niece and I were discussing divorce and then shopping for new.  At the time, I had exactly zero interest in finding a woman.  She had a new guy, and they are happy, but she said you need a year for every seven you've been involved before a new squeeze starts to seem like a good idea.  Based on that, I should have started hunting a couple years ago, but alone still seems like such a wonderful thing.

If it weren't for the whole sex thing, I'd probably be gay.  Well, that and the clothing.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
9/22/20 5:47 p.m.

Really happy for you.  Congratulations!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
9/22/20 5:50 p.m.

Congratulations. 

I hear people say they would never ever get divorced. Just like marriage, it's not a thing to be taken lightly.

But sometimes it's the right thing. 

Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
9/22/20 5:53 p.m.

That's one good thing to come out of 2020. Congrats

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
9/22/20 5:57 p.m.

I'm glad you're doing well. New beginning.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
9/22/20 6:25 p.m.

Congrats

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
9/22/20 6:27 p.m.

I can't imagine the relief of having to take a dump for 9 years, then finally being able to pinch that thing off....

stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter)
stanger_mussle (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/22/20 7:04 p.m.

Congrats. That is a great feeling when the weight is lifted off.

Divorce can steal your soul away. I know mine did sad.

mtn (Forum Supporter)
mtn (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 7:09 p.m.

Congrats! So is there a reverse bachelor party? Seems like the right time, wear a rubber. 

I love my wife more than I could ever describe, and if something ever happened (I can’t even imagine ever getting divorced, she has been and is my best friend), I don’t know that I’d ever get remarried. I like things the way I like them and at this point am unwilling to compromise with anyone other than my best friend. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/22/20 7:10 p.m.
Duke said:

I hear people say they would never ever get divorced. 

My wife and I don't believe in divorce.  We do believe in murder though.  

I wish you the best.   

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
9/22/20 7:58 p.m.

Signed our divorce papers on our fourth wedding anniversary. Best gift ever!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/22/20 8:31 p.m.

I thought I was a failure at the separation point. By the time my divorce was finalized I couldn't sign those papers fast enough. We share a kid so there's that- and unfortunately she's gotten crazier. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
9/22/20 9:43 p.m.

I've said before and will say again, divorce should be settled by old dueling rules.   The party who is confronted with the divorce/duel gets to choose the weapons. 9mm or knitting needles, it doesn't matter but either way you get proper closure.

Serious note: if you get married and discover they have a deal breaker of a problem in the first year or so?   Cut bait then, don't keep throwing good time and money after a broken relationship trying to make it work.   It just makes the eventual melt-down more expensive and painful.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
9/22/20 10:15 p.m.
mtn (Forum Supporter) said:

Congrats! So is there a reverse bachelor party? Seems like the right time, wear a rubber. 

Oh..  I've had so much fun in the last year...  Indiana bunch of traveling and had fun with girls from 4 different continents on nearly as many continents.

Earlier this year a meet a girl in which I sure life goals with, so I calmed down and am looking forward to a wonderfully chill, yet adventurous life.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
9/22/20 10:36 p.m.

Congrats.

I think my divorce became official last month.  I've been separated for 2 years.  I enjoy single life.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 10:49 p.m.

Congratulations! It's so worth it.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
9/22/20 11:44 p.m.
m4ff3w said:

Oh..  I've had so much fun in the last year...  Indiana bunch of traveling and had fun with girls from 4 different continents on nearly as many continents.

Man I want to get divorced just so I can have the fun you describe ! 

No wonder, your SN is perfect for adult friend finder ! devil

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
9/23/20 7:52 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:
m4ff3w said:

Man I want to get divorced just so I can have the fun you describe ! 

No wonder, your SN is perfect for adult friend finder ! devil

Hahahahahaha

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports Reader
9/23/20 8:24 a.m.

I got divorced about 6 years ago and got married a few years later.  My wife now and my ex wife are good friends, kinda odd actually. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
9/23/20 10:07 a.m.
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) said:

I've said before and will say again, divorce should be settled by old dueling rules.   The party who is confronted with the divorce/duel gets to choose the weapons. 9mm or knitting needles, it doesn't matter but either way you get proper closure.

Serious note: if you get married and discover they have a deal breaker of a problem in the first year or so?   Cut bait then, don't keep throwing good time and money after a broken relationship trying to make it work.   It just makes the eventual melt-down more expensive and painful.

Bees. I choose bees. She's allergic. I'm not. 

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe PowerDork
9/23/20 10:51 a.m.
Datsun310Guy said:
Duke said:

I hear people say they would never ever get divorced. 

My wife and I don't believe in divorce.  We do believe in murder though.  

I wish you the best.   

Same here and she is a really good shot and I have good life insurance. Getting close to 20 years together now. 

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/23/20 10:58 a.m.

The day my divorce was final, I said "I lost 125 lbs in ONE DAY."

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KMbJUd1Erl77bi0ySc0Z0DDoMREuhrdC1BkKRFqpEbu5BLQuksSlmgvd7zzbwFuW