1 2 3 4
Driven5
Driven5 UberDork
1/16/23 5:30 p.m.

I fail to see the big deal here. His schtick, like himself, is becoming old and tired. Even without this latest lapse in decency, there was never any guarantee of any the shows continuing further than contracted. The fact that they're letting all currently planned work continue to the end makes me wonder if this controversy didn't affect the decision itself as much as it has the timing of it... Despite how the clickbait media wants to portray it.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/16/23 5:33 p.m.
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) said:

__________ be made to “parade naked” through Britain while people “throw lumps of excrement at her” 

I don't care if he is a royal, a celebrity, or some guy just down the street, I remove them from my life.

It was a scene in Game of Thrones. She was one of the lucky ones. Another guy had his head chopped off and replaced with the head of his dog. Then there was the guy who was tortured, dismembered and the guy who tortured him ate his... well, you can just watch that one.

Of course it was brutal and medieval. It was from Game of Thrones.

And if Prince Harry keeps pissing off the British Military....

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/23 5:35 p.m.

In reply to Driven5 :

Or they're using it. People love controversy. I'd be willing to bet a couple things. A- car media is dying. It's already proven that the enthusiasm level for vehicles and motorsport in general is dying a slow death. Couple that with the fact that followers of the boys have been doing so for the better part of two-three decades, and the fire and forget nature of streaming media, I'm sure there wasn't much left in the tank. We like to think of it as the golden era and current to interests and all that- but much like once heralded metal pioneers Metallica, E36 M3 gets old. I think we're there and YouTube has supplanted any hope at an automotive show on any sort of media channel. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/16/23 5:37 p.m.

If we could create polls I would ask: Who do you like the least?

a) Clarkson the buffoon

2) The Royal idiots

d) The dimwitted media

Tough call

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
1/16/23 5:39 p.m.

d

Edit - I recommend you change the "royal Idiots' to the "Royals" to remove the obvious bias.

1/16/23 5:40 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

ShawnG
ShawnG MegaDork
1/16/23 6:18 p.m.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
1/16/23 6:19 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Much like the Kardashians, everything I know about the royal family I learned against my will. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/16/23 6:20 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said

I must admit, I didn't really dislike her or her Princely mate at all until she got Clarkson fired. Now devil

Yeah I barely gave her a thought now I think she must be pretty great!

but really she didn't get Clarkson fired. He did that all himself. Blaming her is massively mislaying blame. 

RX Reven'
RX Reven' UltraDork
1/16/23 6:21 p.m.

In reply to Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) :

Hello my friend,

You got pretty mad at me about six months ago...you're in Roxwell, I visit Plano twice per year (26 miles apart)...please pick something half way between us for a meet up; I'm sure we'll like each other and I'll have my copporate card so everything will be freee!!!!

I'm still waiting for where I should direct pooch charity contributions to as well.

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/16/23 6:23 p.m.

In reply to RX Reven' :

Duly noted

1/16/23 6:27 p.m.

So I like Clarkson. I think he's funny.

The Royals and the Kardashians. Not so funny.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
1/16/23 7:36 p.m.
Peabody said:

In reply to RX Reven' :

Duly noted

Could I pass as snowdoggie for free beer?

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/16/23 7:38 p.m.

My reaction to this: 

I don't care. Meghan Markle is certainly adult enough to know his character and the fact that the Sun is a tabloid. She should be adult and smart enough anyway, to recognize hyperbole. 

From Amazon's POV, they "fired" him while still giving him 2 more seasons basically. 

And as for Clarkson... If he wants to continue, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. But he won't struggle to find an outlet that will rake in the money he drives. 

yupididit
yupididit UltimaDork
1/16/23 7:48 p.m.

Damn to wish something so degrading on someone. On a woman you don't even know and hasn't done anything wrong to you. To project that much hate through your platform. He must actually hate himself.

Error404
Error404 HalfDork
1/16/23 7:53 p.m.

I'd say it's was very likely that Amazon had a chat with him about doing the publicity of his position. So whether he said anything 'that bad' or didn't go far enough or whatever, he was probably warned and did it anyway. Maybe he thought he was above consequences. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/16/23 7:57 p.m.

It was a stupid thing to say, but thats clarkson. He says abrasive things like Hammond crashes cars and like May drives slow. 

Megan markle seems fine to me? I have no knowledge of why he has beef with her. 

Peabody
Peabody MegaDork
1/16/23 8:18 p.m.

In reply to Teh E36 M3 :

I was referring to his comment on my bias, and my edit. Nonetheless, next time you're in Ontario look me up I have beer and shots. 

Otherwise, some of you take this E36 M3 too seriously. 

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
1/16/23 8:25 p.m.

As I said in my original post, Clarkson is a world-class douchebag, but he makes me laugh. I'm peripherally aware of Markle and Harry thought osmosis because they seem to be all over the news lately. I don't care about them. If I'm completely honest, I don't care that much about Jeremy beyond the fact that he makes amusing TV shows. What Jeremy wrote is really E36 M3ty, but maybe she deserves it? I don't know.

I agree with the take that this might be Amazon using the column as an excuse to not renew the contract of a very expensive employee. After all, they aren't pulling anything, and they are still going to show his future stuff though next year.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
1/16/23 8:25 p.m.
Peabody said:

In reply to Teh E36 M3 :

I was referring to his comment on my bias, and my edit. Nonetheless, next time you're in Ontario look me up I have beer and shots. 

Otherwise, some of you take this E36 M3 too seriously. 

Just jumping in for some fun- and I definitely will- you get near Davis, CA look me up. 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
1/16/23 9:02 p.m.

I don't live in England but I'm pretty sure the Sun newspaper has a reputation for things like this - it's basically par for the course.

To me, humorists get a pass in general "because" their words are intended to be funny. Sometimes the joke resonates like a fart in church. Clarkson realized some harm was done and apologized... good enough for me. He might not do it again.. life goes on.

mtn
mtn MegaDork
1/16/23 9:15 p.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

She doesn't deserve it, but I don't deserve to have her plastered across every possible news outlet complaining about how an epically xenophobic and racist family treated her husband and her. What did she expect? This is the same family that had a gigantic hissy fit when their king wanted to marry a divorcée, though since he was such a gigantic E36 M3bag maybe that was just the excuse. 

That doesn't make it ok for Clarkson to say those things, but it's not like it is a surprise or even out of character for him, and she opened herself up to this by choosing to marry into the Royal family and then choosing not to follow their [admittedly silly] rules. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/23 9:38 p.m.
Peabody said:

If we could create polls I would ask: Who do you like the least?

a) Clarkson the buffoon

2) The Royal idiots

d) The dimwitted media

Tough call

Can I answer yes?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
1/16/23 9:38 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Unless the Sun has dug past rock bottom since I moved over here, that's pretty low even for them. Then again, we're talking about a tabloid whose sister tabloid ended up getting shut down over hacking peoples' phones and voicemails, and it's still owned by the same people.

As to Markle, a certain "class" of rags (usually more or less associated with the right wing and then some parties, of the extra-xenophobic, Britannia-über-alles variety) pretty much had decided from the time she appeared on the scene to go after her for having the wrong accent, wrong level of inbred-ness (sorry, pedigree) and most and above all, passport and skin colour. I didn't help her that she came/comes across as rather brash and crass in a part of society that is very exclusive by excluding people who haven't been taught from birth how Things Are Done and how one needs to behave.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
1/16/23 9:44 p.m.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bY8Zv7XuEOCIAOJ5KGMgVS9CaBVolAOGY4NNvrGYJd83IAzVrZ6C4MefkNsPjAiQ