Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
9/15/18 10:59 a.m.

Someone here may know the answer and the seller's tech line is closed over the weekend.

My patio (full roof) had four functioning lamps, two wall mounts and two ceiling lamps nothing fancy just basic lights run through an inside switch. I replaced both wall and one ceiling lamp without issue,  the remaining lamp was cut out of the circuit and routed into a new GFCI that also powers two outlets. The outlets and GFCI work fine, the fan works on all three speeds but the L.E.D lamp will not come on (flickers when turning on). I have checked all wiring in the lower fan body, wires show 0.6 ohms and the switch is working but no voltage at the lamp? Could the GFCI be the issue? Or do I have an issue in the upper (motor) unit?

Thanks, Paul B

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
9/15/18 11:11 a.m.

We had issues with a wall switch leaking voltage to a fan light, which caused the led light on it to never fully go out. It would faintly glow when the switch was in the off position, never noticed with an incandescent bulb. 

To rule out an issue with the bulb itself I would switch it out with a known good one. From there, chech for any loose wires in the junction boxes. Last resort may be to replace the GFCI?

Please note this advice is worth exactly squat, I am not an electrician. laugh

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
9/15/18 11:33 a.m.

ECM, the lamp is a sealed unit integrated into the body.

Thanks, Paul B 

imgon
imgon Reader
9/15/18 12:06 p.m.

Do you have 2 switches in the wall for controlling the light and fan separately? If so try switching the switch leg from one to the other and see if that changes anything.  If it does then one switch is bad. Confirm that the wire that feeds the light fixture is connected. Typically there should be a black, red, white and green wire in the in the fan assembly. If you only have one wall switch controlling the fan and light the black and red from the fixture will go the black in the box. If everything is wired properly, it could be the pull chain for the light is broken or the fixture itself it bad. I would think you should be able to get into the compartment the switches are in and confirm it is working. If the pull chain switch is good the the light is no good. 

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit SuperDork
9/15/18 2:35 p.m.

The fan is hardwired, no wall switch.

imgon
imgon Reader
9/16/18 7:30 a.m.

Do you have power to both pull chain switches? If not check where the fan connects to the house wiring and confirm the black and red wires are making good contact with the black wire from the box.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zFf5p9Cpvpsrb5DTvJxT9Djs4tRb6opgbLH2OboHWuzhttAiXj9UX8qzxvQ6FSbM