Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/25/22 5:13 p.m.

So I recently got an all singing and dancing iPad pro at work.  I love using the pencil to write notes, but I've found a couple of really annoying issues.  First, if I want to go back and alter or add something further up the page it doesn't let me.  I click, with either my finger or pencil, the place I want to add/change text.  The cursor is absolutly flashing there, but when I write on the screen, the words jump to the end of the last line, not the where I have the cursor.  Looking online hasn't helped me figure this one out yet.  The other annoying one, is there a scribble gesture to indicate a new line? or do I annoyingly need to go and tap at the bottom of the screen for a new line?

thanks

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
4/26/22 4:05 p.m.

First I tried Apple's ecosystem for 3 years and didn't like any of it. Been Android for a while jow. But my kids' have needed ipads for school so I try to stay up on the basics.

I am using an iPad mini 5th gen and similar Gen apple pen. I also found the editing with a pen to be a bit difficult. I have resorted to writing my edit then cut and pasting it where I wanted. My older Gen ipad I accept this issue but for a latest iPad pro I am sad to read you have a similar issue. I think between Android, windows, and Apple they all seem to have trouble with edits to dictated or handwritten text. Usually a simple save and reopen can allow me to make edits as if for a while the software is keeping the text as image data even after converting from my hand writing. But then saving it will fully convert it to editable text. On my surface with MSWord/onenote I can usually jump around and edit easily but sometimes even it gets mad and will overwrite half a sentence when I just wanted to add a word. 

I have limited my iPad use to that necessary for my kid school needs so all I can suggest is that you look into your word processing software choices. Maybe one offers that functionality. 

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
4/26/22 5:05 p.m.

What app are you taking notes in? Notes or OneNote? 

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/27/22 9:00 a.m.

Cool, I didn.t realize people had replied after it didn't get any responses in the first day.  Thanks.

Well I"Ve resolved my issue by buying the Good Notes app that someone else at work uses and it's got some cool features and appears to do everything I want it too.

Advan, I used to be a huge apple fan boy 15-20 years ago, but since then they've set about becoming what they set out to destroy and I can't stand their infrastructure, but their phones don't seem to fail as often as my various androids did, including the utter POS Samsung Rugged I got that was about as rugged as a crystal chandelier dropped from 50 feet.  AS the rest of the family uses iPhones I've given up and use them as well.  The iPad is a work unit, so it is what it is.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EVopwGQyOg6CaoMD6B7AuFdNCc739z4FQT7mOZPDdmn3dmjHGkiwXczN0TbZEnSp