1 2 3
Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/30/20 4:29 p.m.

I paid for a car Monday and I still don't have any kind of updates or paperwork. Anybody close by?

Related, anyone want to drive a car from there to Washington state for $$$?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/30/20 4:44 p.m.

Email sent. 

Brokeback (Matt)
Brokeback (Matt) HalfDork
10/30/20 5:01 p.m.

Im in Flagstaff but it's a 2 hr drive down to phx. if no one else is closer let me know.  I kinda would enjoy a drive to washington but i can't promise our puppy wont' pee all over your car...

Scott_H
Scott_H Reader
10/30/20 5:57 p.m.

I am a mile from Bell Rd which is where 95% of the dealers are in N. Phoenix.  Actually just got back from a parts run for a CV boot from one.  PM Sent.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/30/20 6:15 p.m.

Mustang GT?

10/30/20 7:11 p.m.

Thanks everyone. Ryan got me some contacts at the dealer. I'll keep you posted. It's the Audi S4 I bought last week.

11/3/20 10:42 a.m.

Okay, time to get nasty.

On 10/21/2020 I signed a purchase agreement and placed a $500 deposit for a 2011 Audi S4 with AutoNation Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM FIAT of North Phoenix. On 10/22 I drew a Cashier's Check for the full amount of purchase and shipping from my Credit Union and mailed it Guaranteed Overnight with the USPS, who attempted delivery on 10/24, and finally delivered and had it signed for on 10/26. I have heard absolutely nothing back from this dealership since they received the funds, aside from text messages from my sales guy who is not able to get any help.

I have called and left messages, I have emailed the Sales Manager, Internet Manager, and General Manager (the only response being a total shiny happy person one from the SM about why don't I just fly down and get it), and I have chatted with their social media and internal website CS personnel. 

All I am looking for is the paperwork completing the purchase and to start the process for shipping. I know that it takes awhile to schedule and deliver a car, I am not expecting it at my front door, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want the paperwork within 9 berking days of full payment.

Ideas?

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/3/20 10:45 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

Thanks everyone. Ryan got me some contacts at the dealer. I'll keep you posted. It's the Audi S4 I bought last week.

Sorry to still hear of the continued troubles buddy!

The person who said "fly down and get it," I think you should tell them "sure I will do it, please send paperwork first"

As we talked over texts, I buy 3-5 cars a year all over the country, sight unseen, and with 3 purchases from Autonation, nothing like this ever happened to me. I am extremely surprised!  

I am going up Nov 11, to get  a new car in RENO, let me know if I can help in any way going forward

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
11/3/20 12:15 p.m.

You did comfirm with the dealer that your plan all along was to ship the car to you sight unseen, right?  Maybe the car has some terrible flaw that they dont want to ship to you until you see it in person and say "ehh this undisclosed sideswipe is no big deal"

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
11/3/20 12:18 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/3/20 12:31 p.m.

Pretty sure this is the universe telling you to stop buying Audis

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/3/20 12:31 p.m.
93gsxturbo said:

You did comfirm with the dealer that your plan all along was to ship the car to you sight unseen, right?  Maybe the car has some terrible flaw that they dont want to ship to you until you see it in person and say "ehh this undisclosed sideswipe is no big deal"

His sales contract had the shipping quote on it already

11/3/20 12:43 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

https://autonation.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html

call corporate

Thank you

11/3/20 12:45 p.m.
93gsxturbo said:

I got about 50 photos of the car, a Carfax, the service inspection from the dealer with all the things they fixed, and it has a money-back guarantee and a warranty. They are like a different kind of CarMax.

11/3/20 1:12 p.m.

Update:

eCommerce Manager has emailed twice this morning. At least I have somebody actually working on it.

11/5/20 1:08 p.m.

Two days later and still no resolution or even much contact. The paperwork was supposed to have been overnighted to the AutoNation in Renton, WA (a 2-hour drive from me) but I have no confirmation that it arrived or who I talk to there.

I sent five emails and filed a BBB complaint (yeah I know they are worthless, but it's a step).

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo SuperDork
11/6/20 12:30 p.m.

Chargeback and walk away?

Ranger50
Ranger50 UltimaDork
11/6/20 12:34 p.m.

Bummer I just left there Sunday....

iansane
iansane Reader
11/6/20 12:38 p.m.

I have heard nothing good about AutoNation. But that's from the technician/employee side. Good luck, sir.

The s4 choice is nice. I just built an exhaust for a dual pulley'd one a little bit back and it's a screamer.

11/6/20 1:33 p.m.
93gsxturbo said:

Can't, because Cashier's Check, and don't want to, because unicorn. It's a manual-trans, AWD, supercharged sport sedan in blue with an Oreo alcantara interior and good ownership/service history.

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports Reader
11/6/20 2:20 p.m.

3.0t is a fun motor, i have a APR stage 1 Q5 for a daily

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
11/6/20 5:38 p.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:
93gsxturbo said:

Can't, because Cashier's Check, and don't want to, because unicorn. It's a manual-trans, AWD, supercharged sport sedan in blue with an Oreo alcantara interior and good ownership/service history.

have you had anyone go to the dealership and make sure its still there and that another salesman had not sold it  to a local buyer ?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/6/20 6:16 p.m.

Fwiw the local autonation dealer tried to bone me on paying for a "the suits are inspecting our dealer monday can you fix this damage on the building sunday" deal and only paid after 3 months of repeated billing and calls.  When i went to pick up the check the GM acted like i was the shiny happy person.  If that's how they treat someone who drops everything to help them i gather they don't care much about being timely for you

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
11/7/20 1:00 a.m.

Contact the local news station investigative reporters?

11/7/20 1:42 a.m.

Update - the paperwork for delivered to the local-ish AutoNation to us in Renton. We made contact with the Finance Manager there and then drove up and signed the papers. They tried to sneak in no warranty and raise the price. She was livid and made heads roll in Phoenix and made them resend her the papers corrected in real time. Feeling much better about this now. Lesson learned though, if you are going to buy a car through a national chain, just buy it through your local store instead of wherever the car is.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jvelm2PRUPGsHAPPwWgqEDGVQXnqehe23jmm6nDyLPePfjKnp6acnJCYRx1yRPh3