1 2 3 4
Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
11/10/20 1:52 p.m.

Sounds like this dealership is due for some deliveries...

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
11/10/20 1:52 p.m.

Every time I see this thread come back to the top, I think that it surely must be completed.

Good luck with a successful resolution.

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
11/10/20 2:04 p.m.

Wow, what a shizz show...

Slippery (Forum Supporter)
Slippery (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/10/20 3:02 p.m.

Fyi, as soon as you posted the link I clicked on it and it was not working. 

Maybe it was a mistake and it went live for a short while. 

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
11/10/20 3:22 p.m.

The link never worked for me either. Was it possible that this was some old internet cache on your device that made it look "current"? 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/10/20 3:36 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) :

Nope. Found it on 6 different devices and listed on the dealer's website, the national AutoNation one, Cars.com, and Edmunds. It did get pulled pretty quickly though, which is good. I also got a text from my salesman of the car sitting in the sold/delivery lot.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
11/10/20 3:36 p.m.
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) said:

The link never worked for me either. Was it possible that this was some old internet cache on your device that made it look "current"? 

Nope.

It worked for me, then it was taken down. 

11/10/20 4:44 p.m.

GM of the dealership just called me and I read him the riot act. He's supposed to be handling everything personally from here.

11/10/20 7:02 p.m.

And just like that, deposit refunded and a shipping request confirmation were sent over. Now just to wait for delivery and then I get to nitpick the car like crazy and release my frustration with their (DougVoice) bumper-to-bumper warranty (/DougVoice).

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle SuperDork
11/10/20 7:38 p.m.

Deposit refunded? 

11/11/20 11:12 p.m.
OHSCrifle said:

Deposit refunded? 

Yes, I placed refundable a $500 deposit with my CC on 10/21 when I agreed to buy the car, and then paid the full amount on 10/26 with a Cashier's check from my CU.

Update: Shipping has been scheduled! Car should be picked up Friday 11/13 and delivered Tuesday 11/17!

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
11/12/20 6:30 a.m.

Really, Friday the 13th?  Such luck!

11/22/20 12:06 p.m.

It finally arrived! Late, of course, and with damage that wasn't disclosed. And missing items (spare tire, console piece, lug nut covers).

But whooooo boy does it drive well!

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
11/22/20 12:56 p.m.

Happy to hear that it finally got there......

thedoc
thedoc Reader
11/22/20 2:22 p.m.

Wow, sounds and looks great.  Love the "no clutch, not a manual" line.  I have stopped correcting people who say that their car, 
"can" be  a , manual.

Looking forward to the next video

Matt B (fs)
Matt B (fs) UltraDork
11/23/20 7:45 a.m.

Also glad to hear the roller coaster came safely to a stop with your new ride in tow.

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
11/23/20 8:26 a.m.

And that's why I won't buy cars sight unseen.  You're missing parts and it has undisclosed damage.  at least it finally showed up

11/23/20 8:54 a.m.

In reply to docwyte :

It has a bumper to bumper warranty and a money back guarantee. The GM of the dealership is making it right.

californiamilleghia
11/23/20 10:25 a.m.
Javelin (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to docwyte :

It has a bumper to bumper warranty and a money back guarantee. The GM of the dealership is making it right.

Is there a clause for your extra gray hairs ????  and higher blood pressure!

11/23/20 10:43 a.m.
californiamilleghia said:

In reply to docwyte :

Is there a clause for your extra gray hairs ????  and higher blood pressure!

Yeah, I totally would NOT recommend it! Worst car buying experience ever (and my 6th just this year) and I've bought from the skeeziest lots on the wrong side of the tracks imaginable.

But this car is a total unicorn. S4, manual, sport diff, sport suspension, alcantara interior, nav, and an actual color with a non-black interior. I've seen exactly 2 for sale in all of 2020, and the other one was twice the price.

californiamilleghia
11/23/20 11:40 a.m.

In reply to Javelin (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah I have had to jump thru a few extra hoops to buy  something rare , 

Happy to hear that it seems to have worked out , 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
11/23/20 12:20 p.m.

I'm relieved to this finally got resolved. It really worried me when I saw the thread was still active.

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
11/23/20 3:29 p.m.

They can replace the missing parts but what about the undisclosed damage?

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
11/25/20 9:12 a.m.

The S4 interests me.  I'm awaiting a thread on it.

2/21/21 8:13 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Thanks past Jav for foreshadowing! The AutoNation warranty had to cover:

$2,708.23 for rear timing cover re-seal (transmission has to come out, found a new aftermarket performance clutch in there!) and valve cover gasket replacements.

$1,957.77 for a new steering rack, pressure hose, alignment (including backup camera), and the missing mount and hardware on the LS catalytic convertor.

The GM also sent me $700 to help "make it right". I was able to repair or replace all of the damaged and missing components with parts from the A4 and eBay.

On top of all of that, we had to do the spark plugs, coil packs, clean and oil the air filter, cabin filter, windshield wipers, oil change, and actually detail the car because they suck at cleaning.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YlzbH9dTJnFwduODpVGIovpHP2euE7iLPw8iZsHUZ3EQhRLrf3jc0yJNGRmUbWnE