1 2 3
Beer Baron
Beer Baron MegaDork
4/27/22 7:16 a.m.

So you're saying a man *could* eat 50 eggs?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/29/22 9:58 a.m.

Same egg, smaller container.

adam525i
adam525i Dork
4/29/22 10:53 a.m.
adam525i
adam525i Dork
4/29/22 11:13 a.m.

On a more serious note Avian Influenza (H5N1) is taking a toll in the US and now Canada as migratory birds come home for the summer. Looks like around 33 million birds have been culled in the US (if those were all layers which they aren't that would represent roughly 10% of the laying hens in the US). One of our customers in Alberta just lost his flock which is pretty devastating, the industry is taking this very seriously but with wild birds spreading it will be hard to combat. Apparently warmer summer temps should help kill it off as infected birds die off in the wild, hopefully that is the case.

They also just reported the first human case in Colorado yesterday in a worker that was helping clean up a culled flock, it sounds like he has already recovered after being treated. The risk is still low for Human's to be infected which is good, these are the type of virus that would be devastating if it started to make the jump in large numbers.

If you have backyard hens you should be taking this seriously as well, here are the guidelines in Canada and here they are for the US

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
R8QrFqvDzXYFkAFjlVNjbldtHghBSRWX8uwRHMwv4graybPe7f6HrVlPhF34YHFT