1 2 3
Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
2/17/12 1:13 p.m.

So as I was messing around on the interwebbie at lunch this week, I figured I'd join a NASCAR fantasy league. Haven't done one in about 10 years, but they're free on NASCARs' site, so why not? I created a league for the Fantasy Live game, but I guess it only allows 16 people to join. It filled up quick with total strangers.

There's another game called Head to Head. I haven't played it before, but I think it's pretty simple. The site lists driver matchups, and for each you have to pick who will finish higher. You score each pick with a degree of condfidence. So if you think one driver will finish way ahead of another, give it a high rating for more points. From what I see, this game allows an unlimited number of people to join the league. There's a spot for trash talkin' too, so get your game face on. Here's a link to the league. I called it Pedal On The Right.
http://fantasygames.nascar.com/faceoff/leagues/495

So who's up for it? It starts with the 500, so there's still some time. The Bud Shootout is tomorrow night, looking forward to seeing it.

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
2/17/12 7:20 p.m.

I'll play your little game

I'll try to get a couple buddy's to join as well.

failboat
failboat Dork
2/17/12 7:55 p.m.

I'll probably look into joining next week. I'm more likely to watch some races when I have some picks on the line.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
2/17/12 8:42 p.m.

I'm in

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
2/18/12 2:46 p.m.

Cool. We've got 5 teams so far. Hope I get to pick stuff, my wife just picked my entire team for the Fantasy Live game....

failboat
failboat Dork
2/21/12 12:39 p.m.

i sent the link to a few friends to see if they want to join. threw some picks in but will likely adjust them a bit later in the week.

I like that its only 10 matchups to choose, not overwhelming at all for the casual fan.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
2/22/12 4:30 p.m.

Don't forget to make your picks, I did mine today.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
2/22/12 9:19 p.m.

Id like to be in on this. I have wanted to do this but don't know enough people to start a "league".

nicksta43
nicksta43 Reader
2/22/12 10:08 p.m.

In reply to Anti-stance:

Whats wrong with joining this one?

NVHEngr
NVHEngr New Reader
2/23/12 2:01 a.m.

I'm in!

Wally
Wally SuperDork
2/23/12 5:40 a.m.

Me too

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
2/23/12 7:31 a.m.

Going to make my picks after the 125s. See if anyone has to go to a back up car...or maybe Jimmie Johnsons' car will be found illegal again...

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
2/23/12 8:45 a.m.
nicksta43 wrote: In reply to Anti-stance: Whats wrong with joining this one?

Just joined.

I like the vs. format, this is gonna be fun.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
2/23/12 8:52 a.m.
Klayfish wrote: Going to make my picks after the 125s. See if anyone has to go to a back up car...or maybe Jimmie Johnsons' car will be found illegal again...

yeah, but you can change your picks right up to race day. I think I've changed mine 3 times already.

HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
2/29/12 6:20 p.m.

Ok, my first week wasn't so hot. Matched 5, blew 5. 33 points total. But what a messed up race. I don't like Jimmie Johnson, but I wouldn't bet against him. But I guess I should of!

N Sperlo
N Sperlo SuperDork
2/29/12 6:23 p.m.

So who here guessed JPM would hit a dryer?

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
2/29/12 6:30 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: So who here guessed JPM would hit a dryer?

Me. Juan in a million chance i took

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
2/29/12 9:42 p.m.
HappyJack wrote: Ok, my first week wasn't so hot. Matched 5, blew 5. 33 points total. But what a messed up race. I don't like Jimmie Johnson, but I wouldn't bet against him. But I guess I should of!

Im right there with ya. That was the only pick I got wrong. I have much hate for the 48!

nicksta43
nicksta43 HalfDork
2/29/12 10:14 p.m.

ugh

failboat
failboat Dork
3/1/12 6:57 a.m.

I was so pissed at the wreck on lap 1-2. It took out some of my drivers, then Gordon blew his engine later. But in the end I fared ok for week 1.

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
3/1/12 7:25 a.m.

We got 7 out of 10 right on the head to head game, not too shabby. But we also have a fantasy team (pick 5 drivers under a certain salary "cap"). Well...we had Allmendinger, Gordon, and Bayne as part of our team. Do'h!!!

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/1/12 8:42 a.m.

In reply to Klayfish:

I didn't know you guys had a cap league too, I joined another league for that.

Klayfish
Klayfish HalfDork
3/1/12 2:11 p.m.

I don't think I know anyone in the cap league anyway. I created it one evening, and posted an open invitation on the NASCAR site. I figured maybe one or two people there might join. Then I was going to post it on this forum in the morning. Well, to my surprise the league was suddenly full before I could post here. Who knew it'd fill up so quickly?

failboat
failboat Dork
3/5/12 7:29 a.m.

I am relishing in my victorious lead...for now anyways. :P

There is still plenty of time for me to fall flat on my face, its only a matter of time till someone who knows what they are doing starts outpicking me. Considering I only got 5 right this week it seems it was not such a great week for everybody. I looked back at the fan consensus picks for the week and only 2 were correct.

I'm actually watching the races and not falling asleep with a beer in my hand, and my wife says I'm turning into a redneck. Mother in law is hooking us up with pit passes (through her work connections) for the Richmond race this year, actually kind of excited for that.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/5/12 9:21 a.m.

In reply to failboat:

You will have a blast. I hated NASCAR until I got some tickets through work for the Sprint Suite here at Atlanta. I was like, meh, until the race started.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZEkKgQLVIGMwDo6U8zQ4Uhq15PRuYV0dXDLC8b5OyEG7rHVT0TorP8sRP59crxWO