TheTallOne17
TheTallOne17 Reader
6/21/22 9:45 a.m.

Looking at YesWelders new machine, and asking for comments on their previous welders

Tey have a 7 in 1 machine coming this fall, runs on 220 or 110, ac/dc pulsed tig, stick welding, pilot arc plasma

Their promoted reviews look great, and I have one of their helmets that's been good to me, but has anyone used their machines? They're a US company selling their own design of import machine, so I'm wondering if this will be the next HF Vulcan multiprocess in terms of performance per dollar 

Edit, no mig. Still fine by me

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
6/21/22 10:14 a.m.

No answers to any of your questions, but I am very intrigued.  Here is a link to the new welder's kickstarter.

I'm very tempted to sign up.

TheTallOne17
TheTallOne17 Reader
6/21/22 10:16 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I just did, so I'll report back. I nearly signed up for the last one but wanted AC tig

If it works even half as good as a miller multimatic it'll be a win, because the Kickstarter is 1/5 the price of an equivalent Miller without plasma

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
6/21/22 10:25 a.m.

In reply to TheTallOne17 :

I've never kickstarter'ed.  How much do you have to put up front?

TheTallOne17
TheTallOne17 Reader
6/21/22 10:32 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

My first time doing it too. Look at the reward levels, you can sponsor less, but you need to meet a level to get a machine. Then they charge your card that amount at the end of the campaign, in this case July 18.

YesWelder then gets all of the funds from the campaign. If they fail to produce, you lose the money. Otherwise you receive your reward level when they've ramped production to be able to ship it.

There's inherit risk, because it's essentially crowd sourced small dollar venture investment. But they seem to have followed through on their other campaigns, and are a real company rather than just some dude selling vaporware to grab the cash and run.

nocones
nocones PowerDork
6/21/22 10:41 a.m.

I'm pretty sure YouTuber MikeFestiva uses them and seems happy with them.  I've not watched the specific yeswelder review but I all the videos over the last year or so when he's welding he seems to comment positively about the yeswelder.  He's pretty responsive in comments so I'd imagine if you had any additional questions if you reach out he would reply.  Also he built a Min Pinzgauer, Has a Kei truck, and built a sawmill out of old motorcycle wheels so he's our people. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
6/21/22 11:22 a.m.
TheTallOne17 said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

There's inherit risk, because it's essentially crowd sourced small dollar venture investment. But they seem to have followed through on their other campaigns, and are a real company rather than just some dude selling vaporware to grab the cash and run.

Also helps that they are at ~5500% funded.

TheTallOne17
TheTallOne17 Reader
6/21/22 11:33 a.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

That too. I'm seeing it as a reasonable option for plasma cutting plates to be mig'd with my current machine, and the tig features will let me play with aluminum and chromoly for an eventual bicycle project

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/21/22 12:44 p.m.

buddy of mine just got some kind of comp as a reviewer, and he's told me a couple times "it's way better than i expected.  and their helmet is awesome."

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QPzXJOQx6Yl8wdQCW7yIyfBPOpCyKsRWiYcqu7VnfGQjnobV1zb9HZeO2bP3kR3J