9 10 11
AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
4/30/22 7:12 p.m.

less tha 8 hours to go and I'm breaking out this... pray for me.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
4/30/22 7:49 p.m.

In reply to Claff :

That thing looks awesome. I'm kind of inspired to build one myself.

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/30/22 8:04 p.m.

Maybe you could do a Pacer Carrera next with fender flairs, wider tires and a ducktail. Or a Pacer 930 Turbo.

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UberDork
4/30/22 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Claff :

Don't know which I like more? The Porshcer or the NASUV? Both are awesome concepts in their own right. I know I'd love to see both at 1:1 scale. Chumpcar or Lemons is the place for them.

4/30/22 8:37 p.m.

My build. Minus the intercooler piping and intake. The paint got worse the more I handled it. I think it hits on all the points I was going for. Though, if it were entered in Hot Rod power tour it would need a cage. I'm really happy with how the Nova chassis mated to the BMW front section. And I'm surprised at how much I like the turbo setup. If only I could have found a good Beemer V8 or V10 though! I think I did my high school aged self proud though. So, onto the pics.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/30/22 8:39 p.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Claff :

Don't know which I like more? The Porshcer or the NASUV? Both are awesome concepts in their own right. I know I'd love to see both at 1:1 scale. Chumpcar or Lemons is the place for them.

The Porscher is cool,but I'd daily the nascedition. 

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
4/30/22 8:46 p.m.
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

Maybe you could do a Pacer Carrera next with fender flairs, wider tires and a ducktail. Or a Pacer 930 Turbo.

This one is a 930 Turbo! That's how wide a Pacer is, it's literally the same track width as a 930!

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
4/30/22 8:47 p.m.

T-minus 6 hours (I need those extra 3 PST hours) and the transfer case is in, the suspension is getting its permanent fitment.

the windows are fitted in the body... once this is dry it's driveshafts shocks and tires...

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/30/22 9:25 p.m.
Javelin said:
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) said:

This one is a 930 Turbo! That's how wide a Pacer is, it's literally the same track width as a 930!

That would be insane in a full sized version. devil

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
4/30/22 10:35 p.m.

Well berk.

Snapped the axle trying to install a wheel... I don't know If I can come back from this.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
4/30/22 10:49 p.m.

I think the best option for me right now is to walk away from this for a bit. Gonna go have a nice dinner with SWMBOt and see how it looks in the morning.

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
5/1/22 1:10 a.m.

Here I come. Head hung in shame. Ill keep plugging away at this and I will finish, but like most Challenge builds, I didn't finish in time and I'll have to try to get my ish together and race ready for the next round. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
5/1/22 1:36 a.m.

90 minutes to go and I'm waiting for my repair to set.

Then it's time to hang the body.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
5/1/22 2:34 a.m.

With 30 minutes to spare I'm calling it "done" the 4th tire will need to get mounted in the morning after the repair cures, and better photos will be posted in the sunlight. but I present to you... The Heavy Chevy.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/1/22 9:04 a.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage :

Looks great!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/1/22 9:06 a.m.

Studio shots:

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
5/1/22 9:35 a.m.

Fell asleep last night, ran out of time, misplaced the windshield somehow, the turbo piping is totally bodged together...but I'm still pretty happy with this. I will finish up the minor details after the fact, but for the purposes of this thread, it's done.

The air filter is "removable"

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
5/1/22 5:48 p.m.

Here are some nice in-situ photos for you. I know it can't hold a candle to some of your creations but for an uncoordinated idiot like myself, I am very proud of it.

I guess this was a contest of some sort. How do we normally sort this stuff out?

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
5/1/22 6:17 p.m.

The host usually makes a post with everyone's finished photos and asks for votes. 

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Dork
5/1/22 10:07 p.m.
Javelin said:

The host usually makes a post with everyone's finished photos and asks for votes. 

I did that.

Here it is!

5/2/22 8:02 p.m.

Intercooler tubes and intake done.

9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5fh8UfjCd5wdSAxr2zjhnJY8GWDQxV9qne6STjhcnmkTwcnXNyVgDwsuWpvnvIP9