David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
6/9/09 8:02 p.m.

I'll be passing through Atlanta this weekend, and I see there's an autocross. Will any of our friends be there?

Fit_Is_Slo
Fit_Is_Slo New Reader
6/9/09 8:52 p.m.

Details?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/9/09 8:58 p.m.

Atlanta region runs a killer autocross. I went to the season opener when visiting my Dad, and I loved it so much I am moving down there...

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
6/9/09 9:52 p.m.

Should be.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
6/9/09 11:39 p.m.

I'm very tempted. Haven't attended since Points 2 (not that I'm fast enough to worry about attending every event.. ). We had some registration issues here (not the fault of the club, DLB decided to go pure psycho on us). Finally got the black C settled, might be time to bring her out!

DILY, I think I saw you guys at Pts.1, but didn't realize who you were then.

Green lot this weekend, right?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/9/09 11:46 p.m.

How did you not know who dave was? I said hi, but unfortunately i was in the middle of my heat, and had to split as soon as my work assignment was over.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
6/9/09 11:56 p.m.
Fit_Is_Slo wrote: Details?

http://www.soloatlanta.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1968

Schedule at
http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/A90BDA50-FE15-ABD0-6E10498C75573636

No need to register to view the schedule or competitor list.

We're a victim of our own success here..no time only or fun runs. But hey...as slow as I am, they're all fun runs.

Come play. Beats leaving the car in the driveway, eh?

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/9/09 11:59 p.m.

This is going to be AWESOME!

The exact same day of this event, a drift event (held by SouthEastDrift) will be in the Blue Lot just above you guys/gals!

This may get me out of the bed early on Saturday! LOL!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
6/9/09 11:59 p.m.
maroon92 wrote: How did you not know who dave was? I said hi, but unfortunately i was in the middle of my heat, and had to split as soon as my work assignment was over.

Just hadn't been around Atl Solo long enough, I guess. Funny thing, I hadn't noticed Dave here until I recognized the car in his avatar!

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
6/10/09 12:02 a.m.
David Adams wrote: This is going to be AWESOME! The exact same day of this event, a drift event (held by SouthEastDrift) will be in the Blue Lot just above you guys/gals! This may get me out of the bed early on Saturday! LOL!

Tell the drifters to look out for the bricks...the Blue Lot's set up as a memorial to Hank's 715th, and the old diamond from Fulton Co. Stadium is laid out there.

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/10/09 12:09 a.m.

HAHA! Maybe I have my facts wrong, we're in the upper lot . . .

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think that's the blue lot, I could be wrong though, LOL!

porksboy
porksboy Dork
6/10/09 8:11 a.m.

I will try to be there (if I get over this damn cold). Dont thing I will run tho. The Spit isnt up to it (yet) and I dont think they will let me run a Ranger on truck tires so I will observe, make notes, plan my domination for next year, and help any way I can.

I went to the first one at Sx Flags that was snowed out but havent been able to sinse.

Rusty_Rabbit84
Rusty_Rabbit84 Reader
6/10/09 9:11 a.m.

might be fun to watch, ill have to bring some lawn chairs...

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt HalfDork
6/10/09 9:26 a.m.

I'll see if I can make it. Probably if the Civic doesn't break yet another something important. (Had to replace the distributor last week since it was dying and wouldn't start for a couple minutes.)

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
6/10/09 6:05 p.m.

look for me with the big camera and slow mx-3!

David Adams
David Adams Reader
6/10/09 8:21 p.m.

AtlantaMX3 . . . you take some awesome shots man, you should swing up to the drift event and capture some of the action there . . .but mix it in with the AX photos . . .really confuse people

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Reader
6/10/09 10:25 p.m.

Aw, maaaaaan! Discovered today that I've been shafted by the duty rotation at work. Gonna have to skip it. Y'all have fun! And wear your GRM shirts & stickers so David knows who you are..

Hey, at least I still have a job. These days, I guess I ought to take better care of it.

Aside to Perry: I wouldn't call a top five exactly slow...

http://www.soloatlanta.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/2009p2_fin.htm#SM

Thanks for the pics this year, my Mom & Aunt love `em!

David S. Wallens
6/14/09 12:02 a.m.

I arrived in Atlanta today and will try to stop by Turner Field on my way back home. How late do the local autocrosses run?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
6/14/09 2:37 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: I arrived in Atlanta today and will try to stop by Turner Field on my way back home. How late do the local autocrosses run?

5-ish.

Afternoon runs started around 1:00.

David S. Wallens
6/14/09 11:27 p.m.

Dave, I guess I missed you. I got there as things were winding down. Still saw lots of friendly faces. I'll be back.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
6/15/09 7:12 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: Dave, I guess I missed you. I got there as things were winding down. Still saw lots of friendly faces. I'll be back.

Yeah, I rolled out around 1:00. Sorry I missed you. Next time...

David S. Wallens
6/15/09 7:37 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote:
David S. Wallens wrote: Dave, I guess I missed you. I got there as things were winding down. Still saw lots of friendly faces. I'll be back.
Yeah, I rolled out around 1:00. Sorry I missed you. Next time...

I really do want to run an Atlanta Region event--after all, it's where I got my start. Glad to see that the region still has a healthy Solo program. I saw lots of GRM stickers and T-shirts, and that always makes me smile.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
6/15/09 10:58 p.m.

Lots of love for you guys in ARSCCA.

I've got a guest bedroom and an open seat in a turbo Civic. Name the date...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yCBtT5hIfuKfgejN7oEW1OiDXTAQJe1CYl7r7q2thHTXDbQIh2S8j4fiut900R2z