1 2
DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
3/1/19 6:30 a.m.
Brett_Murphy said:

Wouldn't vintage speakers sound awful unless they've been refurbished?

There is some debate about this. Some say the crossover components will degrade over time, impacting sound quality. I don’t have any personal experience to say either way. I will say the foam surrounds will rot and need to be replaced. But that’s more a mechanical issue than sound quality. 

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
3/1/19 7:35 a.m.

In reply to DrBoost :

I run both devil using the Klipsch instead of a sub. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
3/1/19 8:35 a.m.

In reply to captdownshift :

you are winninng, my friend  

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/1/19 12:03 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

I want to play with this setup now. I've got room too.

I wonder how much acoustically transparent fabric would mess with them? or better yet putting them in the drop basements drop ceiling.

dxman92
dxman92 Reader
3/1/19 12:33 p.m.

I'm the wrong person for this discussion. I run the app of the local public radio station I listen to through Chromecast and put it on the tv or just crank my phone all the way up..

chandler
chandler PowerDork
3/2/19 6:15 a.m.

I had some Klipsch speakers from a theatre we tore down in my old shop, kept four sold two. Paid for the rest of the stereo with those two. People get crazy over those....

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Mod Squad
3/2/19 6:37 a.m.

In reply to The0retical :

I think you’ll want to isolate them from the drop ceiling frame, otherwise I’d expect you’ll get a lot of ringing, buzzing, etc.

re: fabric, I had a similar idea of wanting to try ink-jet printer transfer for pictures/art... might make an interesting niche customization type business.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
3/2/19 11:29 a.m.
chandler said:

I had some Klipsch speakers from a theatre we tore down in my old shop, kept four sold two. Paid for the rest of the stereo with those two. People get crazy over those....

There's a good reason for that.... laugh

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
3/2/19 12:00 p.m.

Every time I say "Klipsch", I say it with a lisp, just for fun.

That is all.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k67xcrz27vnJphtgbNKpKWi9a1yRfEsdjUvrlVorecEc7fdGdtzW5ThfSIdEfI7x