1 2 3
porksboy
porksboy SuperDork
4/22/11 10:31 p.m.
ditchdigger wrote:
confuZion3 wrote: Do you think you could take him in a fight? If so, have at it. (Why are people so afraid to solve things the old fashion way anymore?)
This is hands down the worst advice I have ever read in a public forum. The obvious physical dangers, The legal repercussions, Opening oneself to future retribution and lawsuits. What do you expect him to do? Walk over and slap the guy with a glove? Dueling pistols at dawn or a pugilistic bout. I once saw a guy reccomend mounting a 7" table saw blade on a HF 4" angle grinder to cut down a tree. That is a close second to this.

I belive you need to look up a word

sar·casm noun \ˈsär-ˌka-zəm\ Definition of SARCASM 1: a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain 2a : a mode of satirical wit depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

dimeadozen
dimeadozen Reader
4/23/11 2:08 p.m.

To the OP- sounds like they're related to the people who lived behind a place my parents rented. The house hadn't been painted in probably 15 years, and there was no "grass" to speak of in their yard, just patches of weeds in the dirt, but they had a brand new top of the line hot tub on the deck. EVERY Friday night, they had PBR and marijuana-fueled hot tub parties that started at about 9:30 and wrapped up about 4:00 Saturday morning. Of course, they always got louder and louder over the course of the evening.

One time, they got very quiet at about 1:30 in the morning... Then REAL loud, ranting about "Some berkeleying shiny happy person neighbor not respecting our right to have a good time and calling the damn cops. It's shiny happy people like them that ruin the neighborhood!"

Their kids' idea of "playing" seemed to consist of beating each other with broomsticks. Their inbred dog would charge the fence and bare teeth at anyone in an adjacent yard, and barked for hours, but was always under their voice control and was just the sweetest thing whenever animal control showed up.

Because they owned the house, there was no landlord to complain to about their defoliated backyard with piles of rotting firewood and rusting patio furniture. Because there were other houses in the neighborhood that were much more afoul of the municipal code, the city wouldn't do anything to them. About the only good that came out of the situation was that the rest of the block became fairly close in an effort to try to get these people to have to take responsibility for, well, at least something that they did...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q3xBm8X9BladI0cgNz6CIFtRQwi6J3Dx6NNRS8M8gPqsHxroh2Z19lh0k8AYM3jq