1 2 3 4
aircooled
aircooled Dork
9/17/08 5:40 p.m.

Barry: [performing at the record release party]:

"Rob, thank you for that kind introduction. We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five."

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/17/08 5:43 p.m.

I also like "The Band of a Thousand Names"... who could then refer to themselves by a different name at every show.

autolex84
autolex84 New Reader
9/17/08 6:19 p.m.

got another one...

Wet Dog

and another.

Finite Analysis

Woody
Woody HalfDork
9/17/08 7:12 p.m.

Case O'Baseballs

Wastegate

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
9/17/08 7:51 p.m.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Spurggleflush and the donut of doom <-- I was actually in a band named that.

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
9/17/08 8:08 p.m.

My DJ name will be either Darth Fader or Rebel Bass.

jg

petegossett
petegossett Dork
9/17/08 8:15 p.m.

I think Greatwhitelionsnake would be the perfect hair-metal band name.

I always wanted to do a bluesy-trio & find a couple big hairy guys to play backup, then I could call it Little Peter & the Twins.

There were a couple cool bands from the Flint, MI area in the mid/late 80's that had awesome names(& music): Rollercoaster of Tranquillity, and Guilty Bystanders.

gamby
gamby SuperDork
9/17/08 8:59 p.m.
aircooled wrote: Barry: [performing at the record release party]: "Rob, thank you for that kind introduction. We're no longer called Sonic Death Monkey. We're on the verge of becoming Kathleen Turner Overdrive, but just for tonight, we are Barry Jive and his Uptown Five."

Awesome reference. Love that movie.

As for my pick:

"Weird Harold". Would be a killer name for a funk band.

Needless to say, I've never named any band I was in.

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
9/17/08 11:58 p.m.

I always thought that Phil and the Phlegmtones would be a good name. Or maybe Big Dick and the Moonbusters.

Unfortunately, most of the good band names have already been thought of... Bands like Ben Dover and the Screamers, The Hostile Amish, and everyone's favorite, Jehovah's Waitresses. There was also a band here in town that started out as Satan Tortilla, which later morphed into a band called Taco Diablo or something like that.

Back when I still played, the only two bands I was in that lasted long enough to actually have a name were Trampoline Dentistry and Illegal Detonation of Poultry.

Osterkraut
Osterkraut Reader
9/18/08 12:19 a.m.

Band name: Traumatic Insemination

MC Name: MC Semiconductor

Wowak
Wowak Dork
9/18/08 12:57 a.m.
maroon92 wrote: oh, and my band name would be LIMOZEEN!

"There is no reason for them to be in outer space!"

"There is EVERY reason for them to be in outer space!"

MitchellC
MitchellC Reader
9/18/08 1:03 a.m.
Salanis wrote: Crystal Princess - Tweeny-bopper

Crystal princess sounds like a euphemism for cocaine. So I guess it's pretty appropriate for the average tweeny-bopper then.

Wowak
Wowak Dork
9/18/08 1:05 a.m.

I fronted "Chuck's Mom" in Rochester NY (for a good time, call Chuck's Mom) and in Florida I fronted "The Four Kings" (Have a FourKing Good Time.)

I've always liked:

Jesus Chrysler - Supercar

Thunderchunk

Uncle Dad (country band)

A friend of a friend is in a band called The Spazmatics.

Duke
Duke Dork
9/18/08 5:52 a.m.
Salanis wrote: I also like "The Band of a Thousand Names"... who could then refer to themselves by a different name at every show.

Unfortunately, they've been lost in the mists of time, but there used to be a punk band that changed their name between every album - but the albums all had the same title.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
9/18/08 6:03 a.m.

In high school we named our band "Beastialic Necrophiliacs" otherwise known as "the dead cat berkeleyers"

petegossett
petegossett Dork
9/18/08 6:36 a.m.

Duke - Are you refering to MDC: Millions of Damn Christians, Multi Death Corporation, etc.?

jrw1621
jrw1621 Reader
9/18/08 7:25 a.m.

Ah, Ben Dover and the Screamers. I think that was Ben Parker, the Put-in-Bay, Ohio native.

Also popular back then was Phil Dirt and the Dozers as well as The Killer Flamingos.

Let also not forget Island favorites; Wally and the Beavs

SoloSonett
SoloSonett Reader
9/18/08 8:16 a.m.

Secret Parade

poopshovel
poopshovel Dork
9/18/08 8:17 a.m.
jezeus wrote: There is a Poisen cover band called Posen.

Is 'Poisen' a "Poison" cover band?

Duke
Duke Dork
9/18/08 8:19 a.m.
petegossett wrote: Duke - Are you refering to MDC: Millions of Damn Christians, Multi Death Corporation, etc.?

Yeah, that's probably them. This was the late '80s so my memory hasn't quite retained it.

"You hired Poison to play at our wedding reception?!"

"No, we're Cyanide, the loving tribute to Poison!"

Will
Will New Reader
9/18/08 9:01 a.m.

My friends and I had dreams of starting a turntable band but we never got beyond the name: Papa Smurf's B**ches.

Also: Fathomless Attack or Jane

Ultimately the Pancake Will Prevail

Either Way, Someone Dies

A Good Chicken Choir

16vCorey
16vCorey Dork
9/18/08 9:03 a.m.
Wowak wrote: I've always liked: Jesus Chrysler - Supercar

There was a local band about 15 years ago named "Jesus Chrysler"

My band from high school: The Ninjas

The band I'm in now: Dang Heathens

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair Dork
9/18/08 9:23 a.m.
petegossett wrote: Duke - Are you refering to MDC: Millions of Damn Christians, Multi Death Corporation, etc.?

millions of dead cops missiles destroy civilization millions of dead cows -- maybe a play on the first one, or a dumb punker who typo'd the stencil for the spraypaint job on his black leather jacket?

Type Q
Type Q Reader
9/18/08 11:43 a.m.

Is AngryCorvair copyrighted? That would be a cool band name too.

Growing up as part of the white minority in the prodominantly black neighborhood, I always a better name for an all-white boy-band (like the New Kids) would be "Pale Imitation."

Salanis
Salanis Dork
9/18/08 12:04 p.m.

DJ Name: Ice Creem (Cause I'm white)

My friends joked about forming a Goth parody Boy-Band: N*Shroud

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QlG96FG6W9fE0XtgfW5T1zFjp219ThidCUTwIre3hcq6PgwGkpUG1DkH0M6XJ5eQ