2 3 4
Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
9/19/08 12:16 p.m.

http://myrockbandname.com/

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
9/19/08 3:20 p.m.

The Cruise-O-Matics were popular down here for a long time. Check out an ancient Ford A/T column shift to see where that came from.

atlantamx3
atlantamx3 Dork
9/19/08 10:41 p.m.

A good family Friend is in a band. His name is Phil, and his band is Named the Blanks.

Phil & The Blanks

grafmiata
grafmiata Dork
9/20/08 12:24 a.m.
jrw1621 wrote: Ah, Ben Dover and the Screamers. I think that was Ben Parker, the Put-in-Bay, Ohio native. Also popular back then was Phil Dirt and the Dozers as well as The Killer Flamingos. Let also not forget Island favorites; Wally and the Beavs

Yep, the same Ben. I believe the Flamingo's are still playing out occassionally.

Another one I just thought of was a short-lived Toledo band called, simply, TBA... Apparently people stopped trying to go see them, because the club schedules had them listed as playing pretty much every bar on the same night.

neon4891
neon4891 Dork
9/20/08 1:43 a.m.

TK2, for any kind of cover band

Monkeywrench
Monkeywrench New Reader
9/20/08 8:47 a.m.

If my friend ever learns a musical instrument, he has dibs on..

Kamikaze Copilot

ApexC
ApexC Reader
9/20/08 9:33 a.m.
Wally wrote: Buster Hymen and the Penetrators (was used for a high school talentless show when I was a kid)

There's a local band here called Rev. Whiskey Richard and the Buster Hymen Band. Sorry, Wally.

Man, your talent show was cooler than mine. The evangelical Christians got a hold of my talent show. We covered a Mighty Mighty BossTones song that had Jimmy Gestapo from the Dropkick Murphys on guest vocals, and I couldn't even say, 'Let's do it, holmes' in the intro, for fear it would be taken as racially insensitive, when really the lillywhite organizers just didn't know whether or not it was a 'gang reference.' That's when I decided to move to Chicago for a while.

ApexC
ApexC Reader
9/20/08 9:36 a.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: http://myrockbandname.com/

I like this. A lot. My favorite: Narcoleptic 3-Way. Oh, the imagery! (Although that strikes me as more of an album title, but whatev.)

Fritz_the_Cat
Fritz_the_Cat New Reader
9/22/08 5:52 p.m.

Here are my contributions:

I actually was in a band called Free Beer. We figured it would look great on a marquee on a double bill with Barenaked Ladies.

There was a band in my university residence called Scrote and the Smegmatics.

And I remember a band name in a short story that I thought was pretty funny, although maybe nobody else will: The Del-Crustaceans.

sachilles
sachilles New Reader
9/23/08 1:31 p.m.

Prosthetic Foreskin. I'm trying to think what kind of music they'd play.....maybe punk?

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z5QGZroCQDrqv8NyAGBvzWdm1wzyRg5wE3iJqyaWOYP9egWix4lNGv13yaMo516q