mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/3/18 5:33 p.m.

I find myself in need of one. I currently have a full set of dewalt power tools and a very nice Delta Scroll Saw. I was thinking of going with the Delta 14" band saw, and it is right in my budget of around $600 to $700.. I love the Delta Scroll saw, but I wanted to know if there was anything better I should be looking at?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/3/18 5:44 p.m.

What purpose? Resaw? Or just flat stock work? How much jaw height?

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) PowerDork
9/3/18 5:56 p.m.

Bigger is always better.

Kramer
Kramer Dork
9/3/18 5:57 p.m.

I love my old Jet 14".  I bought it used about 15 years ago.  I haven't researched the new ones, but I feel Delta quality has gone down in the past decade or so.  If I were in the market right now, I'd look for a used Powermatic or professional style Delta or Jet.  

I like the cast iron table, the enclosed base, and the ball bearing guides on my Jet. 

Jumper K Balls
Jumper K Balls PowerDork
9/3/18 6:04 p.m.

I just looked at delta's website and see that they have finally changed the workhorse saw that they made for a century and i don't like it. The old cast frame unit was an amazing tool.

A classic delta 14" with a riser block would do anything I would ever ask of it.  Upgrade to ball bearing guides if you want.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
9/3/18 11:11 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

What purpose? Resaw? Or just flat stock work? How much jaw height?

generally resaw work. I have a lot of long stock I need to make into thin strips for the "ceilings" of my boats.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/4/18 5:56 a.m.

Dad bought a rikon amd jig from woodcraft for resawing. Hos has a special blade and some weird guides.

Ive never had any success with trying to rrsaw with a normal bandsaw.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
41BRf9sQN3Xg2P5CrdraKy1P938h0yXdEUZdq3ZGXEJLo20K98hdQMn5OAYTFXWx