1 2
John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/9/10 5:31 p.m.

A simple idea to get together to BS and talk about their mounts, have some good food and refreshing beverages during the cold winter months. A weekend treat for all car guys (and gals) in general.

Starting January 31, 2010 the first Bars and Cars will be held at Barleys American Outpost in Lansing, Mi (727 E Miller Rd. Lansing, MI 48911) at High Noon. Beer and lunch specials as well as discounts on the billiard tables help make the fun more affordable.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/764/

I have updated the website from the one listed in the official GRM events posting.

http://barsandcars.yolasite.com/

I hope to see you there.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
1/9/10 5:40 p.m.

Please bring your friends to Ft. Lauderdale. I'll buy the first round at a pleasant rowdy bar. Coyote Ugly anybody?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/9/10 6:41 p.m.

Sorry John a certain race entices me to Daytona that weekend

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
1/9/10 7:04 p.m.

Don't worry Aussie, we can convene in Daytona and have a couple brews. You still have my number, give me a call.

fornetti14
fornetti14 Reader
1/9/10 8:15 p.m.

Wifey says I'm good to go.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku HalfDork
1/10/10 6:39 p.m.

i'm in

RXBeetle
RXBeetle Reader
1/10/10 7:21 p.m.

Don't have class till noon the next day, might have to take a break from the FSAE car and make a trip out there :D

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Reader
1/11/10 9:04 a.m.

Nice idea, but I'll be on my way back from the Sno*Drift rally. No can do.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/11/10 9:12 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson:

I hope to do these a couple of times over the winter and maybe parlay it into an "After Autocross" event as well.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/21/10 6:12 a.m.

Remember those of you that can not see the end of the 24 can see it here as well, the last three hours of the race are the best three hours, right?

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
1/21/10 3:16 p.m.

I'm planning on going. Looking forward to meeting a pack of like-minded misfits !

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/27/10 8:20 a.m.

Between the people here and from Facebook we should have a pretty good showing.

We look forward to seeing everyone around noon (that's when they open the doors), I have a few "what's in the box?" door prizes that will be given away, we need to figure out a game to decide who walks out with those (so if you have any ideas I would appreciate it)

We should be able to put the race up on one of the big screens and most of the small monitors for 360* viewing.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Reader
1/27/10 11:26 a.m.

John,

How many folks are you expecting at this point?

Warren

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku HalfDork
1/27/10 11:36 a.m.

hopefully I won't win by default like the picnic event. Actually, I may withdraw from door prizes because of that. Looking forward to Sunday!

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/27/10 11:36 a.m.

Confirmed about 20 possibles put it at 40, and since it is basically a public place with normal customers coming in as well I would expect to see a few more (although it is not ever very busy on sunday at 12:00 unless there is a football game on)

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/27/10 11:37 a.m.
Gearheadotaku wrote: hopefully I won't win by default like the picnic event. Actually, I may withdraw from door prizes because of that. Looking forward to Sunday!

LOLz

Hey, we gave you the option ;) I hope the speakers worked well in the garage (or trash can)!

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku HalfDork
1/27/10 8:19 p.m.

In reply to John Brown:

The prize is fine, I just didn't want to be greedy and win twice by default. looks like that won't be an issue this time though.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
1/28/10 7:39 p.m.

I am there in spirit guys, but in body and soul I am in Daytona.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/31/10 9:56 p.m.

Thanks to Jeff (gearheadotaku) Warren (deadskunk) Joel (joey48442) and Joels dad, Joel for coming out. Not the turn out we had hoped for but everybody walked away with a door prize, especially joey48442 who got to drive a 2004 Dodge Stratus to Holly and back when he nuked the transmission in the Deathscort on the way in!

joey48442
joey48442 SuperDork
2/1/10 1:23 a.m.

I have a good excuse for not making it.

Joey

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku HalfDork
2/1/10 6:26 a.m.

It was a good time, too bad more people didn't come out.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
2/1/10 6:33 a.m.

Don't plan it on the same weekend as a GRM event and I will be there

DrBoost
DrBoost Dork
2/1/10 6:35 a.m.

Yeah, I couldn't make it. Sunday evenings are taken.
Trust me I wanted to be there. Heck, I came up with the first Michigan GRM meet and greet and couldn't make that either! Dangit I need a life!!!!

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
2/1/10 6:36 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Don't plan it on the same weekend as a GRM event and I will be there

Hey now, they do that Daytona thing every year... seeing two Joels come in after driving 400 miles in 5 hours is once in a lifetime!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
2/1/10 7:11 a.m.

Nothing personal, but if I can manage it I will never miss another 24, of course it would be better behind the wheel

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ZiPcj0dx2ADNCUS4olGFkGOBONpXVg8q3Jwxv4jiga6kdonopfp8TDWKSZZfNbh2