1 2
P71
P71 SuperDork
6/1/10 7:06 p.m.

I got engaged over the long weekend! Audra and I have been together over 6 years and bought a house together almost 4 years ago so most of our friends are saying "about time!" Wedding in September, GRM-style. We wanted to book Portland Raceway but they won't do weddings.

Any non-traditional venue ideas for SW Washington?

Kia_racer
Kia_racer HalfDork
6/1/10 7:11 p.m.

Congrats!

How about a parking garage? Everyone can bring their "cool" cars.

Carson
Carson Dork
6/1/10 7:11 p.m.

Congratulations!

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
6/1/10 7:24 p.m.

Under a big top in a park surrounded by Challengers

Oh that would be an awesome party

Congrats for convincing that woman you are a good catch....

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo SuperDork
6/1/10 7:24 p.m.

Congrats dude!

Chuck and I bought a house and several cars together before we got married. I think in this day and age, sticking together through all of the trials of living together and financial planning that goes with not just entering a mortgage but still having it several years later, shows that you two have what it takes to really have a healthy relationship. I wish you both the best!

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
6/1/10 7:27 p.m.

Congrats!

She enables your addiction and even shares a mortgage with you.

Marriage should be a piece o' cake!

pigeon
pigeon HalfDork
6/1/10 7:30 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Congrats for fooling that woman you are a good catch....

fixed that for you

In all seriousness, congratulations to both of you. From everything you've shared of her here she's a hell of a catch!!

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Reader
6/1/10 7:51 p.m.

Congrats!!!

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
6/1/10 7:55 p.m.

Amanda and I will have been together for 7 years in August. We have not yet made the plans, but it is pretty much a done deal.

P71
P71 SuperDork
6/1/10 7:58 p.m.

Thanks everybody! I made the wisecrack that "her" Miata will finally become "our" Miata, and the look I got back tells me that not only will it remain "her" Miata, but that she's driving from the reception

Is it bad or awesome we're scheduling the date for after the autocross season? Didn't want to miss a race you know...

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo SuperDork
6/1/10 8:05 p.m.

If you want me to design a dash plaque for your big day, you just let me know By the way, the wedding is definately a points event

RexSeven
RexSeven Dork
6/1/10 8:05 p.m.

Congratulations!

turboswede
turboswede SuperDork
6/1/10 8:13 p.m.

Congratulations!

I realize that it isn't SW Washington, but perhaps you could be the first to get married at ORP? I know they rent the track out for various clubs, etc. ;)

How about Pat's Acres or Pacific Grand Prix?

Heck, I think eloping to Ormond Beach around October might be an excellent idea Could make the honeymoon the drive back or nip off to the islands from Florida :)

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
6/1/10 8:20 p.m.
P71 wrote: Is it bad or awesome we're scheduling the date for after the autocross season? Didn't want to miss a race you know...

It's great!

BTW, a florida honeymoon would let you guys pic up a winter autocross. :)

rebelgtp
rebelgtp Dork
6/1/10 8:48 p.m.

Congrats! Sucks you guys couldn't get PIR. You just need to figure out how to do an autocross wedding

bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
6/1/10 9:04 p.m.

Congrats, Hope for continued happiness together!!

JFX001
JFX001 Dork
6/1/10 9:21 p.m.

How about the LeMay Museum in Tacoma?

mndsm
mndsm HalfDork
6/1/10 9:35 p.m.

I did non traditional. Courthouse wedding, followed by EPIC Halloween party. All my car buddies were there. At one point I was in my tux with the Burger King and a Russian mercenary stuffed into a Golf R32, hooning the PISS out of it on local Wisconsin back roads. (Well, local to where we were). Looked like a car show, and it was MAD fun. Whatever you do, just make sure the fun is YOUR fun, and you're golden.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim Dork
6/1/10 9:54 p.m.

Congrats P71!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Webmaster
6/1/10 10:18 p.m.

Congratulations!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 Dork
6/1/10 10:21 p.m.

congrats man! don't know a lot about washington so can't help you there (except for I'll be at San Juan Island soon). Good luck with everything thats very exciting.

1slowcrx
1slowcrx HalfDork
6/1/10 10:25 p.m.

Awesome!!! con-grats!

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
6/1/10 10:36 p.m.

p71, that is awesome news and i wish you and mrs. 71 the best!!!

zipty842
zipty842 Reader
6/1/10 11:51 p.m.
turboswede wrote: How about Pat's Acres or Pacific Grand Prix?

or Sykart

Type Q
Type Q HalfDork
6/2/10 12:08 a.m.

When saw the subject line "BIG NEWS", My first thought was "That's what she said." Then I read it and realized it fits better than I imagined.

Convincing my wife to marry me was the smartest thing I have done so far in this life. You sound like you have someone very special. Congratulations.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dt1IkGYadelHKPcZ4bbaBoyoXOh2hJi1WnVIrtXHd48O5tUuZzo4YEyvzyfc67cN